ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Korean Grandprix Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Korean Grandprix Weekend

Postby windwaves on Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Paolo 2 wrote:
Mafia wrote:In drivers briefing, the pit exit matter was discussed with Whiting where he granted exception for this event as there was no surface available on the outside of pit exit to drive on, i.e. drivers were allowed to cross white line only after red stripe florescent marks that divides pit exit from the track. All did OK as a result, but i am baffled by more biasness from DC, who, despite of seeing reply of button crossing the line again and again, picks schumacher for possible infringement.

I didn't know that, thanks for clarifying this issue. Anyway, a modern circuit with no room for the pit exit... :puke: :puke: :puke:

As for DC, he's a very nice guy, you don't have to take what he says at face value, he's got to make a living

DC is very wealthy independently of F1, at least so I've always known.
windwaves

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:26 pm

Sinister wrote:
Funkmother wrote:Pity you dislike the latter but I can understand it. Shame Mark and Lewis pitted on the same lap. Any other lap and I suspect Mark may have had him.

Yes Webber definitely would have eaten Hamilton for breakfast, his car was way quicker than that useless McLaren. Redbull destroyed Webber's race by calling him into the pits at the same time as Hamilton.

In fairness Webber had earned the 2nd place when he passed Hamilton under braking at turn 1, pity (for him) that the rules this season are so silly that they favour the slower driver. It must also be said that RBR's top speed was considerably slower that the rest so Webber had a clear disadvantage on the long straight. All in all I think that Webber drove one of his best races of the season, and I can understand his frustration as IMHO he had done all that he could to deserve that second place. I agree that the pit wall should have known better and let him out an extra lap.
Paolo 2

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:31 pm

windwaves wrote:
DC is very wealthy independently of F1, at least so I've always known.

I'd take that "very" out of your statement and even then it's all debatable and depends on the point of view. He's certainly much wealthier than I am but if I remember correctly the Times rich list was putting him near £30m which is a lot but not that much if (i) you're still young, (ii) you are used to travel by private jet to the most exclusive places on earth, and finally and more importantly (iii) you have lost your main source of income. Financially things can only go downhill for him.

Having said that with my current lifestyle I could easily live on the interest only of £30m, I fear DC's lifestyle is quite more expensive than mine.
Paolo 2

Postby Funkmother on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:21 pm

My understanding is that David netted just over £30 million last year when he sold his hotel in Monaco so one would imagine he'd be worth more than that.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Dev on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:49 am

Mafia wrote:there was no surface available on the outside of pit exit to drive on, i.e. drivers were allowed to cross white line only after red stripe florescent marks that divides pit exit from the track.

It's ridiculous that they could spend so much creating a circuit on a piece of marshland with no redeeming feature of note and yet not design a proper pit entry (last year, fixed his year) and pit exit (this year). Let's not forget the repair bill for the STR when Rosberg ran wide into the first corner in practice and hit Algae. Wouldn't even happen at Monaco. :loser: :loser:

Mafia wrote:The only unusual thing yesterday was i never saw sutil going off track even once, Last year, he conquered entire korea with his force india :hihi:

Yeah, he was warned by the Dear Leader against doing that. :hihi: :hihi:

Lyria wrote:What happened Dev was that Webber and Hamilton started to fight one another, Hamilton defending as Webber fought to get by, this in turn slowed them down and allowed Vettel to scamper off into the distance. Oh and I think someone else had the temerity to do a fastest lap and as we all know Seb likes his stats, he just had to beat it didn't he? ;) [/color]

Cheers for that. :beer:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Mafia on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:04 am

Dev wrote:
Mafia wrote:there was no surface available on the outside of pit exit to drive on, i.e. drivers were allowed to cross white line only after red stripe florescent marks that divides pit exit from the track.

It's ridiculous that they could spend so much creating a circuit on a piece of marshland with no redeeming feature of note and yet not design a proper pit entry (last year, fixed his year) and pit exit (this year). Let's not forget the repair bill for the STR when Rosberg ran wide into the first corner in practice and hit Algae. Wouldn't even happen at Monaco. :loser: :loser:

Tilke will be hiding now. if you think thats enough? wait till you see pit entry at Indian track, where the driver continuing for the next lap will slow down for the last corner and the one following behind on a quick Inn-Lap, Wont. that will be some interesting brake test there. Oh wait, didnt alonso got grid penalty in 2006 for that? :roll: , PLEASE Dont let Tilke ruining all tracks.
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Crossa on Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:15 am

Paolo 2 wrote:
Sinister wrote:
Funkmother wrote:Pity you dislike the latter but I can understand it. Shame Mark and Lewis pitted on the same lap. Any other lap and I suspect Mark may have had him.

Yes Webber definitely would have eaten Hamilton for breakfast, his car was way quicker than that useless McLaren. Redbull destroyed Webber's race by calling him into the pits at the same time as Hamilton.

In fairness Webber had earned the 2nd place when he passed Hamilton under braking at turn 1, pity (for him) that the rules this season are so silly that they favour the slower driver. It must also be said that RBR's top speed was considerably slower that the rest so Webber had a clear disadvantage on the long straight. All in all I think that Webber drove one of his best races of the season, and I can understand his frustration as IMHO he had done all that he could to deserve that second place. I agree that the pit wall should have known better and let him out an extra lap.

Yes I'd say so too, but with the entry situated as it is, Webber had already braked and slowed to make it to the entry when Hamilton went in. It was too late to tel Webber to get up to speed again and do the blistering extra lap that he needed to get out in front, it would have been a slow main straight.
Crossa

Postby Dev on Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 am

Mafia wrote:wait till you see pit entry at Indian track, where the driver continuing for the next lap will slow down for the last corner and the one following behind on a quick Inn-Lap, Wont. that will be some interesting brake test there. Oh wait, didnt alonso got grid penalty in 2006 for that? :roll: , PLEASE Dont let Tilke ruining all tracks.

Will have to see it become I comment. Hopefully it will work out. :armchair:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Previous

Return to The History Section