ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Japanese Grandprix Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Japanese Grandprix Weekend

Postby windwaves on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:25 pm

I am all done in here, but thx.
windwaves

Postby Sinister on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Gone with the wind, windwaves? :moose:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby windwaves on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:19 am

I wish !
windwaves

Postby maister on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:06 pm

windwaves wrote:Nice to see how many are realizing the brilliance of JB. I always liked him, but started to really enjoy his driving while at Brawn and not just his mere driving skills (this is F1 after all), but his superior intelligence in terms of the overall management of the race. And obviously he's pretty smart outside of racing as well from what I can tell from interviews and things. Great dude. And he just buries that idiot of LH on all levels, which is another big plus for me :)

He's a very smart driver and fast but I still think Hamilton is the one with more talent, he's just not doing much with it (well, he's crashing a lot this year :lol: ). A lot of people said that Jenson will be "destroyed" by Hamilton because Mclaren is Hamilton's team but it hasn't happened and not only that but Mclaren is now just as Jenson's team as it is Lewis'.

I think it also shows how important it is to have a good position in the team, to have people in the team who listen to you. I think Button has that at Mclaren but he looked very average in that Renault and even some Honda years were nothing special. Whatever the reason, he looks very strong at Mclaren.
maister

Postby maister on Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:09 pm

Sinister wrote:I am sure there's a Jenny Arse kissing thread somewhere around in here. :puke:

And no Jessica Michibata kissing thread? Not fair :yaynot:
maister

Postby windwaves on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:37 pm

maister wrote:
Sinister wrote:I am sure there's a Jenny Arse kissing thread somewhere around in here. :puke:

now we are talking .... I love her.
windwaves

Postby windwaves on Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:52 pm

maister wrote:
windwaves wrote:Nice to see how many are realizing the brilliance of JB. I always liked him, but started to really enjoy his driving while at Brawn and not just his mere driving skills (this is F1 after all), but his superior intelligence in terms of the overall management of the race. And obviously he's pretty smart outside of racing as well from what I can tell from interviews and things. Great dude. And he just buries that idiot of LH on all levels, which is another big plus for me :)

He's a very smart driver and fast but I still think Hamilton is the one with more talent, he's just not doing much with it (well, he's crashing a lot this year :lol: ). A lot of people said that Jenson will be "destroyed" by Hamilton because Mclaren is Hamilton's team but it hasn't happened and not only that but Mclaren is now just as Jenson's team as it is Lewis'.

I think it also shows how important it is to have a good position in the team, to have people in the team who listen to you. I think Button has that at Mclaren but he looked very average in that Renault and even some Honda years were nothing special. Whatever the reason, he looks very strong at Mclaren.

I have to disagree with you. My view is, being fast and stupid is not a talent, it's a disgrace. But yes, you are right, many thought LH was the one. Yet, many more today are realizing that he is not. Even Macca announced :"McLaren pledges to 'take care of' Lewis Hamilton" hence acknowledging a serious problem.

And yes, Macca for sure "used" to favour LH BIG TIME (and that is when he showed consistent better performance than JB, but not because LH is better), until they realized he was not going to win them anything. Oooops, change that !

I just suspect that many who think LH has more "talent" just think of those years where he was the clear favorite in the team, hence consistently had the better car ....
windwaves

Postby Paul on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:18 pm

I just suspect that many who think LH has more "talent" just think of those years where he was the clear favorite in the team, hence consistently had the better car

I'll second that :beer:

Dont leave , Windie... You talk way more sense than Methane Boy 8)

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Sinister on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Paul wrote:
I just suspect that many who think LH has more "talent" just think of those years where he was the clear favorite in the team, hence consistently had the better car

I'll second that :beer:

Dont leave , Windie... You talk way more sense than Methane Boy 8)

Meh! Not only him. :talkhand: :hihi:

What it's no longer "windbag"? Now its Windie?? Is there :inlove: in the air now that you have discovered windwaves is a Buttplug fan?? :hihi:

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:53 pm

maister wrote: A lot of people said that Jenson will be "destroyed" by Hamilton .....

Who are these lots of people??? Can you name them? :armchair:

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:54 pm

maister wrote:

Jenson fans tend to prefer males. :puke: ^o^

Sinister

Postby Silver Fox on Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:51 pm

Sinister wrote:
maister wrote: A lot of people said that Jenson will be "destroyed" by Hamilton .....

I'll stand up for being one of those who - having previously stated that the hamster would rule at Macca - has been pleasantly surprised that Buttplug hasn't in fact been destroyed by the hamster at all...
Proud sponsor of 'The Team with No Name...'
Silver Fox

Postby Sinister on Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Okay thats one person/animal so far. :hihi:

Sinister

Postby Lyria on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:28 am

Silver Fox wrote:
Sinister wrote:

I'll stand up for being one of those who - having previously stated that the hamster would rule at Macca - has been pleasantly surprised that Buttplug hasn't in fact been destroyed by the hamster at all...

Yep I thought Jenson was dumb going to a team that appeared to be centred around Hamilton too, seems talent rises above that kind of thing thankfully.
Lyria

Postby Sinister on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Am I the only one who thought that Buttplug would not fail at Mclaren?? :moose: The guy has all the good luck following him.

Sinister

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section