ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Italian GP Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Italian GP Weekend

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Finally a very good race, especially thanks to the 2 best racers out there (and the outsider who really impressed me!)

Vettel - a fantastic drive from him IMHO the McLarens were much better than his RBR, IMHO one of his best races ever, it must be a 10 out of 10

Button - I have said time and again that I believe that Hamilton is far far better than Button and that Button is certainly not among the very best in F1, and I stand by what I said in the past. However yesterday, despite a tragic start (and thanks to a few cars being knocked out, the guy has had lady luck on his side thoughout his career), he managed to pull a stunning move on Schumacher. I'm glad that he finally managed to earn a strong result without strategy (and his peers' bad luck) being a major factor. A truly very good drive from him. (having said that his car was by far the quickest overall out there...)

Alonso - I'm at a loss, I like this guy, I think that he's a great driver, but something is missing here, he's no longer the fighter we were led to believe he is. It's as if he's racing only to collect the few points that he need to take the WDC, maybe someone should tell him that he's the guy chasing, not the one in front, finishing third is a wasted effort, he either tries and challenges for the lead or he should at least go out trying. Coasting to the finish line doesn't make much sense for someone in his position. IMHO his car was better than Vettel's, so there you go, not the best of races from someone with Nando's pedigree

Hamilton - I don't particularly like the public persona, but I do love the racer _O_ _O_ he tried, all he could do was trying, pity he had in front of him the only driver out there who is a better racer than he is. Poor Lewis is not used to proper racers, the other guys out there are sissies in that respect (with the expection of Webber and a few others). Rather than complaining Lewis should study carefully those first 20 or so laps, Schumahcer gave him a masterclass in racing, and it's not true that he didn't leave him room, he left him just about a car's width, but that was not the real problem, the problem for Lewis was that Schumahcer could drive with nearly no wing at all without making any mistake for over 20 laps, that is the stuff of legend.

Schumahcer - _O_ _O_ _O_ _O_ for me yesterday he has achived all that he could have achived with his comeback, he was simply senstational, driving such a pig of a car with no wings and a raging bull behind you for 20 odd laps is sublime, I can only think of Jarama 1981. In a sense I feel sorry for Nico, he must be shattered

Massa - poor guy, he had his usual fair share of bad luck, but he fought back, at least he tried to make up some ground, whereas his more talented team mate didn't give that impression

Algae - good race for him, I presume

Di Resta - I'm glad that he beat Sutil :hihi:

Senna - pity that he was unlucky both on Q3 and on lap 1, as the guy seems to know what he's doing (and IMHO he's got much more potential than Petrov)

The Stewards - I don't agree with the penalty to Liuzzi, he was pushed on the grass by another car, once he was on the grass there was nothing he could do, he tried to get back on track but hit another car, after that he was a passenger, IMHO it was a very silly penalty
Paolo 2

Postby Funkmother on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:08 am

Paolo 2 wrote:... I don't agree with the penalty to Liuzzi, he was pushed on the grass by another car, once he was on the grass there was nothing he could do, he tried to get back on track but hit another car, after that he was a passenger, IMHO it was a very silly penalty

Now that, IMHO, is the comment I agree with the most on the race. A little bit like Alex Wurz in Canada all those years ago; pushed onto the grass in the opening melee run down to turn one resulting in carnage. I really don't think Liuzzi did anything wrong and hence, didn't deserve a penalty.

Other than that, another great race that demonstrated that Sebastian can't pass, the Red Bull cars aren't good on fast tracks and Lewis is a better driver than Jenson. :talkhand: ^o^
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:05 am

Funkmother wrote:Other than that, another great race that demonstrated that Sebastian can't pass, the Red Bull cars aren't good on fast tracks and Lewis is a better driver than Jenson. :talkhand: ^o^

in fairness I never said that Seb can't pass, but still he didn't prove his critics wrong as he didn't pass many cars either :rotflmao:
Paolo 2

Postby Lyria on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:21 am

Funkmother wrote:
Paolo 2 wrote:... I don't agree with the penalty to Liuzzi, he was pushed on the grass by another car, once he was on the grass there was nothing he could do, he tried to get back on track but hit another car, after that he was a passenger, IMHO it was a very silly penalty

Now that, IMHO, is the comment I agree with the most on the race. A little bit like Alex Wurz in Canada all those years ago; pushed onto the grass in the opening melee run down to turn one resulting in carnage. I really don't think Liuzzi did anything wrong and hence, didn't deserve a penalty.

Other than that, another great race that demonstrated that Sebastian can't pass, the Red Bull cars aren't good on fast tracks and Lewis is a better driver than Jenson. :talkhand: ^o^

Given Liuzzi won't qualfiy higher than 23rd most likely, it's not really a penalty for him anyway is it? ;)
Lyria

Postby _FoCuS_ on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:11 am

I hate from liuzzi but I don't understand why they punish him. They think he did the accident intentionally. I think it is a race accident. There is no need to punish.
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby Sinister on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:49 am

Funkmother wrote:
Paolo 2 wrote:... I don't agree with the penalty to Liuzzi...........I really don't think Liuzzi did anything wrong and hence, didn't deserve a penalty.

What penalty? Liuzzi did NOT get a penalty. :talkhand:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Sinister on Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:50 am

_FoCuS_ wrote:I hate from liuzzi but I don't understand why they punish him. They think he did the accident intentionally. I think it is a race accident. There is no need to punish.

He was not punished. He was rewarded.

Sinister

Postby Mafia on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:55 pm

:evil: Full transcript of Michael pit radio :rotflmao:

Enjoy! :hihi:

There were shades of Toad of Toad Hall on Sunday, with Ross Brawn playing the part of Badger and Michael Schumacher playing the part of the roadhogging Toad - poop poop.

In Kenneth Graham's Wind in the Willows, Badger takes the feckless Toad aside and tries to get him to mend his ways and give up his maniacal driving, but Toad's having none of it. Using his extensive contacts in Formula One Management, Andrew Davies has managed to obtain the verbatim transcript of the Mercedes radio transmissions from Sunday.

Engineer: Michael, we're concerned you might get a penalty for blocking.

Michael: Why?

Engineer: Because Race Control just warned us you were blocking.

Michael: Blocking? Why - it's my own team-mate?

Engineer: No, it's Hamilton. That yellow helmet is Hamilton not Nico.

Michael: Oh (pause) I can't see anything in my mirrors.

Engineer: Are the mirrors broken?

Michael: No, somebody has stuck a nice photo of Kobayashi in the left mirror and Petrov in the right mirror.

Engineer: Can you repeat that?

Michael: Only joking - hang on a second, we're coming up to Ascari ...Yes! And again he fails to take The Schum! Get in there mein Sohn!

Engineer: Michael, you have to stop blocking.

Michael: We are having a nice battle.

Engineer: Charlie doesn't see it that way.

Michael: You know I wonder if I can get him onto the grass this lap...

Engineer: If you don't stop blocking I'm going to get Ross.

Michael: Not listening!

Ross: Michael, this is Ross. You have to leave room for Lewis at Ascari

Michael: There is plenty of room.

Ross: You need to leave a car's width of tarmac, not just a car's width between yours and the barrier.

Michael: This really is a nice lot of fun.

Ross: Michael, you have to leave Lewis room, if you collide-

Michael: He'll get the blame. He always gets the blame for everything. It won't be a problem.

Ross: We had enough trouble with Rubens last year.

Michael: Schum, Schum, Schum Schum, Schuuuuuuuuuum!

Ross: If you don't move over I'll tell people about 1994.

Michael: Er...you know, I think my tyres are going off.

[Ends]
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby _FoCuS_ on Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:38 pm

Mafia wrote::evil: Full transcript of Michael pit radio :rotflmao:

There were shades of Toad of Toad Hall on Sunday, with Ross Brawn playing the part of Badger and Michael Schumacher playing the part of the roadhogging Toad - poop poop.

In Kenneth Graham's Wind in the Willows, Badger takes the feckless Toad aside and tries to get him to mend his ways and give up his maniacal driving, but Toad's having none of it. Using his extensive contacts in Formula One Management, Andrew Davies has managed to obtain the verbatim transcript of the Mercedes radio transmissions from Sunday.

Michael: No, somebody has stuck a nice photo of Kobayashi in the left mirror and Petrov in the right mirror.

Michael: Only joking - hang on a second, we're coming up to Ascari ...Yes! And again he fails to take The Schum! Get in there mein Sohn!

Ross: You need to leave a car's width of tarmac, not just a car's width between yours and the barrier.

Michael: He'll get the blame. He always gets the blame for everything. It won't be a problem.

[Ends]

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
_FoCuS_

Postby flatin on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:09 pm

I have to say this was the most enjoyable GP I have seen in a while.
I dont understand why a lot of people have issues the way Schumi drove if it was anyone else we would not have heard a word just comments how great it was.. first we complain the excitement is gone and when it happens just because schumi was involved its an issue. in my opinion he drove an excellent race,. demonstrated he can still race and gave plenty of room to Lewis, the real issue here was that Lewis was not good enough to pass its as simple as that. racers are racers and that is what I like to see racing.. similar thing happened with Alonso and Vettel (if not worse) did'nt here a pip out of that one did we ??
flatin

Postby Atonal on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:48 pm

Mr Jenson thinks that Schuey 'lost his memory'

http://en.espnf1.com/italy/motorsport/story/58826.html
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason. - John Cage
Atonal

Postby DanyalDenyo on Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Wish JB remained silent, even Lewis didn't complain about anything as far as I know
DanyalDenyo

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:06 pm

Atonal wrote:Mr Jenson thinks that Schuey 'lost his memory'

http://en.espnf1.com/italy/motorsport/story/58826.html

I'm not the greatest of fans of Button the driver but I always thought that he was a sensible chap (by F1 standards), maybe he had a brain fade. Whatever happened, he should have kept quiet :roll:
Paolo 2

Postby Sinister on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:45 pm

Mafia wrote::evil: Full transcript of Michael pit radio :rotflmao:

[Ends]

Priceless. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Especially this one.

^o^ ^o^ ^o^ ^o^

Sinister

Postby _FoCuS_ on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:07 pm

I like this one most :hihi:
_FoCuS_

PreviousNext

Return to The History Section