ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Italian GP Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2011 Italian GP Weekend

Postby Atonal on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Well I just heard Ross Brawn's post race interview and he says that Michael was talking over the radio and as a result made a mistake by missing a gear change and hitting the limiter which let Hamilton through. Perhaps we can infer that he had no intention to tone the defense down as suggested by the radio messages?
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason. - John Cage
Atonal

Postby _FoCuS_ on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:58 pm

I want to say that about fastest car discussion. I think Vettel can make fastest lap if he wants or need. Bu he was far away from rivals and he wasn't need it. I think so. We cannot say mclaren was realy fastest. If Webber weren't out I am sure he would do fastest lap. Because he was at back. And if he could cool and weren't hit to Massa probably he would be one completing podium and so I weren't have a correct prediction about 3. finisher. :hihi:
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby Dev on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 am

Gerhard Berger wrote:Funny how something like that impresses you though, yet Alonso beating Massa by a big margin is not impressive :)

The world works in strange ways, mate. 8)
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Lyria on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 pm

Gerhard Berger wrote:
Dev wrote:A bit late, but here goes...

Vettel : Best drive of the season. He excelled himself, and not just because the Red Bull is a quick car. He is obviously delivering something above and beyond the performance of the car, just look at his teammate for comparison.

It's impossible to perform beyond the performance of the car. He is however getting the maximum out of his car, unlike Webber and deserves alot of credit for that.

Funny how something like that impresses you though, yet Alonso beating Massa by a big margin is not impressive :)

Oh please, we all know Massa isn't 'allowed' to be faster than Alonso ;) At least Red Bull say they let their drivers race against each other.
Lyria

Postby Paolo 2 on Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Dev wrote:
Gerhard Berger wrote:Funny how something like that impresses you though, yet Alonso beating Massa by a big margin is not impressive :)

not if you factor in the amount of time that poor Massa lost at the chicane for reasons outside his control. In a sense that's Alonso's problem: he wasn't much faster than Massa and hadn't Massa been punted by someone else there would have been very little between the two, and that's not a compliment for Alonso :hihi:
Paolo 2

Postby Ciro Pabon on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Well, Paolo, glad to see you. I think Massa is gooood (and brave!) but every time I say so, I get a spank. Me, the fool that believes all of them are good (even Sato! that speaks volumes).

_FoCuS might be right about the sandbagging, but at Monza? Who knows. Sure, the Foc knows his Formula One and he seems a focused guy, but I think RB took the chances to the limit this time, so... that's the reason I brought the lap times to the attention of the forum. At Monza the wings and the diffusers and all the "rich guys tricks" are less important.

Dev, I love your posts.

Lyria, why should Massa not be allowed to be faster? What have you heard? I would read it gladly.
Ciro Pabon

Postby Mafia on Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Ciro Pabon wrote: What have you heard? I would read it gladly.

Dear Ciro,

Dont worry, Help is at hand :beer: Follow these steps carefully

log onto http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... efault.stm

there is enough crap going around there about whoever came infront of any british driver on grid, even a bird, that you will find very useful :thumbs: .

OR

Second Best source would be http://www.planet-f1.com, these guys are amazing, most of the time :hit:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Dev on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:20 am

Paolo 2 wrote:
Dev wrote:

not if you factor in the amount of time that poor Massa lost at the chicane for reasons outside his control. In a sense that's Alonso's problem: he wasn't much faster than Massa and hadn't Massa been punted by someone else there would have been very little between the two, and that's not a compliment for Alonso :hihi:

That is true, but I didn't want to be boring and obvious to Gerhard Berger. :p :hihi: :hihi:

Lyria wrote:At least Red Bull say they let their drivers race against each other. [/color]

Saying and doing are two completely different things though :p

Ciro Pabon wrote:Dev, I love your posts.

I love you too, man. :thumbs:
Dev

Postby Lyria on Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:37 pm

Ciro Pabon wrote:
Lyria, why should Massa not be allowed to be faster? What have you heard? I would read it gladly.

It's nothing I have read Ciro, it's just a belief I hold. Ferrari like to have a number 1 and number 2 driver so history tells us and we all know which driver fills those positions currently don't we? Even if they don't come out and say it.
Lyria

Postby Funkmother on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:23 am

Yes, I think Felipe has been told to move over enough times or had it suggested that he should move over enough times or had the wrong fuel put in or had sand in his wheel bearings enough times to know his place in the team. Of course, he's totally free to race Fernando. That is until he's told not to. Goodness, sounds a bit like Red Bull doesn't it? Of course, it is a team sport and it is fit and proper that a team decides who should win and who should play a supporting role. It is the natural state of things.

And this avitar was was made for posts like this: :evil:
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Funkmother on Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:28 am

Ciro Pabon wrote:... I'm not that kind of pr1ck ...

I would not suggest you were any kind of one.

Ciro Pabon wrote:... As we say down here: "You'll never go to bed without learning one more thing" ("Nunca te acostarás sin saber una cosa más") ...

Indeed. And as we say down here: "I know you believe you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant".
Funkmother

Postby Dev on Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:08 am

Funkmother wrote:"I know you believe you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant".

Pretty good. That's going on my FB wall now. :thumbs: :thumbs: Thanks.
Dev

Postby Funkmother on Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:46 am

You heard it here first.
Funkmother

Previous

Return to The History Section