ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2011 Italian GP Weekend

Talk about the glorious history of F1 and other motorsports

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2011 Italian GP Weekend

Postby Mafia on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:46 am

:yay: :yay: :yay:

For :sinister:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Re: 2011 Italian GP Weekend

Postby Sinister on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

Thank you Maf. ^o^ :yummie: :yummie: :yummie:

Now THAT is how all GP threads should start. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Lyria on Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Another great track and hopefully another good race. :sun:

As for the stuff about the tryes we had in Belgium, apparently Pirelli are recommending a camber of no more than 3.75 degrees here. Will Red Bull listen this time? Or will they risk problems like last time?

Full story: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94283
Lyria

Postby _FoCuS_ on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Itallians brain started work and rebuild their track as a good track for ferrari. Last year we saw this good aproach's result at the race. But mclaren also good there still. So there are two possibility there. Ferrari or Mclaren. This depend on tyres. I think there are three possible driver to win. Hamplug butplug and Alonso. :clint:
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby Mafia on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:15 am

_FoCuS_ wrote:Hamplug butplug and Alonso.

You mean Hamplug, Butplug and Spark plug then :hihi:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Funkmother on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:17 am

One driver to rule them all... VETTEL! :hihi:
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby _FoCuS_ on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:22 am

Funkmother wrote:One driver to rule them all... VETTEL! :hihi:

I am not sure he can finish this race this time. But he was great on his first victory of here
_FoCuS_

Postby Funkmother on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 am

That is true. The rest is your own opinion and I would never deny you that right. :evil:
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Mafia on Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:30 am

Funkmother wrote:One driver to rule them all... VETTEL! :hihi:

Ok! Hamplug, Butplug, Spark plug and Misfire :hihi:

Happy now?
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Dev on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:01 am

Mafia wrote:Ok! Hamplug, Butplug, Spark plug and Misfire :hihi:

Who is Miss Fire? Rosberg? :hihi:

I'm hoping for a McLaren 1-2, which is possible obviously.

First time there will be TWO separate DRS zones. One on the main straight and the other one from the second Lesbo (yes, that's a deliberate error, thank you Boss Lady :cop: ) corner to the chicane afterwards.

Previously, considering it's a fast track with long straights, there were precious little overtaking moves seen. Will the DRS help? Time will tell I guess.

Here's to a good race.

PS : I bet that Cougar will be here shortly predicting another Alonso win. Going by that, Alonso would have won every single race this year and led everyone by a million points. :hihi:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby _FoCuS_ on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:14 am

İn fact drs is not too much affective part in thsi circuit. But I don't know. May be technicians decide to use more downforce than everytime they used to use here. Because there will be ( probably ) two drs section. So they can use more downforce to be faster some corners. Especially Ferrari and far more probably mclaren can use more downforce. If I had that engine that mclaren has I would use a bit more downforce to be faster in corners. Technicians can calculate best choice I think.
_FoCuS_

Postby Paolo 2 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:11 am

_FoCuS_ wrote:Itallians brain started work and rebuild their track as a good track for ferrari.

pity that this morning you haven't started your brain as well as the Italians :hihi: 8) it might come as a surprise to you but the changes to Monza weren't dictated by what was good for Ferrari (apart from the fact that it's not so simply to ascertain what will be good for a given car one year in advance... :roll: ) BUT by the powers that govern F1 :roll:

Ferrari's good results are totally random, they don't know for sure what they're doing, once in a while they get it right, sometimes they get it right at Monza. The age when a powerful V12 would have resulted in a more competitive car on a fast track are gone, all the cars are the same nowadays, you can no longer build a track to suit the character of a certain team (assuming for a second that in the past you could have done it, and I think that it's fair to have some doubts about it)
Paolo 2

Postby _FoCuS_ on Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:07 pm

I hope you are not itallian. Well if I am wrong this is not end of universe. Because I did many mistakes on many subject and still we lives. But there some global warming etc. :clint: 8) I knew that monza's kerbs were appropriate to mclaren's suspension system. In that track using kerbs efficiently is key for a good lap. So the track were better for mclaren than ferrari it's structure before now. But they rebuid them and that mclaren advantage is not there now.
_FoCuS_

Postby Paolo 2 on Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:12 pm

_FoCuS_ wrote:I hope you are not itallian. Well if I am wrong this is not end of universe. Because I did many mistakes on many subject and still we lives. But there some global warming etc. :clint: 8) I knew that monza's kerbs were appropriate to mclaren's suspension system. In that track using kerbs efficiently is key for a good lap. So the track were better for mclaren than ferrari it's structure before now. But they rebuid them and that mclaren advantage is not there now.

I'm Italian and I didn't have any problem with that part of your post, my only concern was pointing out that it's not the tracks that are suited to certain cars, it's the other way round, i.e. as you says the McLaren was suited to Monza's kerbs (even if I think that McLaren's suspensions have been the best for quite a long time and are/were suited for many tracks). They rebuilt the kerbs there because they were very high and with modern cars it had become quite dangerous, especially considering that it's a very fast track (and that it is being used by any sort of cars, not only F1s, and motorbikes). I don't think that lower kerbs are ipso facto an advantage for Ferrari, IMHO they are less of a disadvantage for any other car when compared to McLaren (even if of late the use a very stiff front end).
Paolo 2

Postby Sinister on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Dev wrote:PS : I bet that Cougar will be here shortly predicting another Alonso win. Going by that, Alonso would have won every single race this year and led everyone by a million points. :hihi:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I feel sorry for Cougar for getting most of his Alonso predictions wrong.

No wait I feel more sorry for Alonso because Cougs keeps on jinxing him. ^o^ ^o^ ^o^
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Next

Return to The History Section