ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Formula E Raicng september 2014

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Formula E Raicng september 2014

Postby frog on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:28 am

Link to the web site of Formula-E You tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb98hijo ... 5o1q4Ze-Fg

OK, it wil lkick off 2014.
Was it Jay Leno at Topgear who said when the mojority run Hydrogen fuel cell car, it will leberate classic cars with powerful naturally aspirated engines from 'guilt'.
In a similar line of concept, Formule-E can liberate Formula One from sh1t load of 'technology - i.c. rice cooker' and bring powerful naturally aspirated engine.

romance?
frog

Re: Formula E Raicng september 2014

Postby dirty_technique on Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:51 am

so now that ive seen it doing burnouts and sounding like a overgrown rc car .( which isnt a bad thing ). i am kind of thinking this could be an interesting series to watch as it will require different driver skills to the gear changing rev. dependant petrol hybrid electic f1 cars of next year.
i still havent seen any decent video footage of it on a ( actual ) racetrack ( without some b.s. promo music overlayed either ) and the offical videos released by the fia make them seam like they are a bit ashamed of the noise ( or lack of ).
i think it will be a interesting first season but they really need to get some Classic race tracks on the calender otherwise the concept will get stale very fast.
also can any1 else see f 1 cars getting these rims anytime soon.. i know they like to there 13" rims but i remember michellin saying would only come back to with f1 if the rim size was increased to have a more direct relation to none f1 purposes. tbh the formula e rims they dont look that bad for an openwheeler with low profile tyres.
"WHATEVER WITH YOUR HOWEVER"
dirty_technique

Postby Mafia on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:31 am

I dont know how its gonna work, they say at full throttle that car will do 20 minutes.

Will they charge the cars during pitstops?
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Lyria on Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Well I watched the motogp guys change bikes mid race and it was bizarre, I know that's easier than changing cars, but I'm sure they'll manage it okay.

I've been reading up on this and actually it looks quite interesting, I just might watch it when it happens too. The races are going to be shown live on a channel I have access to :yay: :yay: It sounds quite good so far, some good names among the listed drivers that I've seen in F1, Heidfeld, Trulli, Alguersuari, Senna, Chandhok and Sarrazin to name but some.

I'll give it a go to see if I enjoy it. :beer:
Lyria

Postby Balue on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:03 pm

I had serious plans to follow Formula E as my second thing next to F1 (which means full on following), but then I saw this:

"Formula E cars to get boosts of electric power based on how many mentions drivers get on Twitter"

This could well be the lamest thing I have ever heard of in motor racing (or any sport maybe) and have killed absolutely any interest I had in the series, and I don't just say that. I went from super interested to completely disinterested.

Such a shame.

The irony is that this is a gimmick to get at the urban twittering crowd buying E-cars, but look inside the next Tesla you see (or even Nissan Leaf) and it's not really 20-30 somethings at all. I just don't get it.
Balue

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:24 am

Are you sure this isn't an April fool's joke?

This is about the weirdest thing outside of "professional wrasling" that I have seen in sports competition.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:29 am

I didn't know about the twitter thing, I know fans can vote to give a particular driver a boost though.

http://fanboost.fiaformulae.com/#

Sure, it's a gimmick, but they are trying to get people to even notice it's happening I think. I intend to watch it and give it a fair try, after some of the ideas Bernie's had in recent years, it's a wonder he doesn't bring that one in for F1 as well :roll:
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:49 pm

Interesting colllections of drivers, I swear I've seen some of them before.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:10 pm

There are enough people involved that I know something about to make it interesting to me. I'll watch it and see what I think, whether I stick with it will depend on just how good the racing is once it starts.

Only 60 days to the first race now.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Yea, I think I would like to see the first race. Wonder if it will be broadcast here.
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Lawrence wrote:Yea, I think I would like to see the first race. Wonder if it will be broadcast here.

According to the official site Fox Sports 1 will be showing all 10 races live. So if you have access to that, you should be able to see it. I am getting the races live on ITV4 :yay: I will be able to watch them :dance:

Official site: http://www.fiaformulae.com/en.aspx
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:25 pm

Yea, we get Rupurt's channels. So might be tempted to watch the whole damn series. We shall see.
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm

They just announced another driver in Formula E, yes, you guessed it, another former F1 driver. This time it's Jerome D'Ambrosio who will be driving for Dragon Racing.

Just 53 days left to go to the first race and there are 3 seats still not filled!!
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:33 pm

I am not sure I remember him.
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Lawrence wrote:I am not sure I remember him.

Jerome D'Ambrosio (Belgian) drove for one of the backmarker teams, only for one season I think, could have been Marussia or HRT.

Okay, I looked him up, he drove in 2011 for Marussia (only they were called Virgin back then) and then in 2012 he was reserve driver for Lotus and he stood in at Monza for Grosjean who got a race ban for causing a huge crash at the start of the race in Spa.
Lyria

Next

Return to Other Motorsports