ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

The Dakar 2013 Thread!

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

The Dakar 2013 Thread!

Postby Crossa on Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:27 am

WooHoo! Lets see some action!

What have we missed so far? Well nothing much cause for some reason the Dakar start is tomorrow rather than January 1st or 2nd like it used to be.

Things to watch for:

Cars: 2WD cars are allowed larger air intakes, to level them more to the 4WD cars. Robby Gordon and his Hummer should be in the mix properly.

Trucks: Chagin the Tsar is now the team manager for the Kamaz team. Will he be able to prevent the rookie mistakes his young drivers made last year? Gerard de Rooy is around to defend his title, leading a four truck Iveco armada.

Bikes: No Marc Coma, as a result of injury. Will Cyril Despres be able to stay awake?
Crossa

Re: The Dakar 2013 Thread!

Postby Warweezil on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 am

If there is any reason to follow the Dakar at the moment it has to be these guys.

http://www.race2recovery.com/

Just as one example - This year there is a paratrooper who lost both legs and an arm in an explosion in Afghanistan competing. I saw an item on Top Gear a while ago about this initiative, and I have to say there are some amazing guys involved. Then some of the guys were running a Discovery in some events in the UK to gain experience and skill to prepare them for a run in a Bowler Wildcat (I want one of those!!)

Even some of the mechanics in that clip were missing a limb or two. If you are into the Dakar event - I hope you will consider making a donation to the charity that they are raising cash for - money raised from the rally by the team will go towards the personnel recovery centre, Tedworth House, in Wiltshire where they do some really fantastic work.
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Mafia on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:08 am

Did you guys heard about racingfor.me ?

let me know if anybody needs to log in to download pretty much any event in HD related to motorsports right from the beginning of recording era :)
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Paul on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:04 pm

Sounds interesting :beer:

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Crossa on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Earlier last week there was a report about a crash between a Dakar support vehicle and two taxis, injuring three and regrettably killing two. Only yesterday I found out that the Dakar vehicle involved was part of the Race2Recovery effort WW was talking about. They are having a hard race so far, three out of four race cars have had to be retired so far, and then there's this accident. Very tough...
Crossa

Postby Warweezil on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Yeah they are not having a great time of it.. Have everything crossed for the last car... and I'm sure they will be back in future years. The item on Top Gear last year showed what amazing spirit these guys have. Hopefully they will get plenty of sponsorship behind them to have another go at this event, they deserve every chance.
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Return to Other Motorsports