ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Moto GP Boring?

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Moto GP Boring?

Postby Warweezil on Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Was kinda certain to be another Lorenzo title, Danny didn't have the consistency to challenge and with Stoner out of the equation for so long it didn't take much thought to realize how this would pan out.
Next year? Will Rossi take the fight to Lorenzo - although the Yamaha has now been developed to suit Lorenzos' style and may not be quite the machine that Rossi likes... although it has to be better than the donkey that Ducati have produced for the last few seasons... and you have no idea how it disappoints me to say that. Ive been a fan of Ducati road bikes for a long time.. right back to when my friends were drooling over the 250 Torque Induction Yammys of the mid 70's

Can Pedrosa pull a full season of consistency out of the bag? I'm not so sure. Crutchlow is due a top step now...

Interestingly there was a kid I saw at a test weekend a couple of years back.. damned if I can remember his name.. but he was incredible, so much so that he was allowed some limited practice alongside more senior riders and despite his smaller machine he was giving a good account of himself. Next Spring I must ask the Chief Marshal of that club who he was.. he has to be a star of the future.
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Lyria on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Lawrence wrote:I understand that someone on this board claims that it is better than F1.

For me it is ;)

Warweezil wrote:Was kinda certain to be another Lorenzo title, Danny didn't have the consistency to challenge and with Stoner out of the equation for so long it didn't take much thought to realize how this would pan out.
Next year? Will Rossi take the fight to Lorenzo - although the Yamaha has now been developed to suit Lorenzos' style and may not be quite the machine that Rossi likes... although it has to be better than the donkey that Ducati have produced for the last few seasons... and you have no idea how it disappoints me to say that. Ive been a fan of Ducati road bikes for a long time.. right back to when my friends were drooling over the 250 Torque Induction Yammys of the mid 70's

Can Pedrosa pull a full season of consistency out of the bag? I'm not so sure. Crutchlow is due a top step now...

Interestingly there was a kid I saw at a test weekend a couple of years back.. damned if I can remember his name.. but he was incredible, so much so that he was allowed some limited practice alongside more senior riders and despite his smaller machine he was giving a good account of himself. Next Spring I must ask the Chief Marshal of that club who he was.. he has to be a star of the future.

It will be interesting to see Lorenzo and Rossi in the same team, I predict some friction there somehow. I get the feeling Rossi wouldn't like the idea of being second to anyone.

Pedrosa has had an up and down year from what I've read, if he can keep on putting in good rides he might get the championship. I am wondering how well Marquez will do as his team mtae. Casey Stoner leaves some big shoes to fill doesn't he?

Cal is my favourite, I'd rather see him on the tech 3 bike than the Ducati his team mate will be riding next year. I hope Ben Spies has a better year next year too, he's had a lot of back luck this year it seems to me too.

A star of the future eh? If only you could remember his name we could put a few bob on him ;)
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Aha.....got you to post :reallyevil:
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Warweezil on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:17 pm

Well it wasn't boring today. lorenzo must have a few lumps tonight. I hate to see a rider "Rag doll" like that.. as long as they slide then they are usually fine... he was lucky that bike didnt land on him tho.

Cal.. Cal.. Cal.. how did you let that 2nd step get away from you? Gutted is how i feel tonight.

But well done Danny... If only you hadnt been punted off by Barbera.. who knows?

So thats it till next year.... Maybe next year Danny.... or are you the "nearly" man?
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Ciro Pabón on Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:52 am

Lawrence wrote:Aha.....got you to post :reallyevil:

Wait until Lyria reads what you wrote. She has fallen in love with Crutchlow.

Pedrosa is the best driver in the history of driving. He's better than Sulu or Geordi La Forge.

God

God among mortals

I guess most people did not see Marc Márquez race in Moto2. Both Pedrosa and Márquez won at Cheste from last position... Márquez will race along Pedrosa next year, in the same team.

If that's not more interesting than F1 then I want to know what's interesting to you. Two guys that won, in the same day, two races, from last to first position, are on the same team... oh, c'mon.

Definitely, only Spaniards can enjoy MotoGP to its fullest.

Marc Márquez, aspiring demigod

Joder, tíos (that is, "crikey, mates!").
Ciro

GP meliora est
Ciro Pabón

Postby Paul on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:47 am

Marquez will have to clean up his act a bit in Moto 1.
:p

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby Lyria on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Aha.....got you to post :reallyevil:

Wait until Lyria reads what you wrote. She has fallen in love with Crutchlow.

I know what Lawrence was trying to do, I'll let him off, this time ;)

Hell of a race, I was gutted for Cal too Warweezil, the chance of his best ever result and he wasn't even under pressure. Poor guy :(

Lorenzo's crash was a nasty one, I was happy to see him get up and walk away from that as well. Mind you Cal's crash wasn't exactly a small one either was it?

You have to hand it Pedrosa, starting from the pit lane which is even more of an achievement than Marquez who only started last ;) Those two together should lead to some good races I hope. What about Nagasuka, an outstanding ride by him I thought. Stoner didn't want to be there, part of me was a little annoyed at that, yet the other part could see his point. Didn't stop him trying to get a podium when he got a sniff of it did it?

I've never seen a wet/dry race like that where they change bikes mid race, it was exciting to say the least. Watching Rossi remove his leathers from areas best left unseen though isn't exactly crucial is it?

Shame it's all over for this year, still we have next season to look forward to now don't we? :yay:

Lyria

Postby Warweezil on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Yep two winners coming from a pitlane start.... quite a weekend.

Lorenzo was lucky.. we ran that a few times on the Sky box - purely out of professional interest - and that was too close to landing on his head for comfort. I got the idea that Stoners' heart wasn't in it, but in the post race conference he made some reference to suggesting changes to settings - only to find on his next laps the bike was the same.. Had his pit crew already "quit for the winter"?

I don't understand why Cal was pushing quite so hard, he wasn't going to get into contention for a win, so all he had to do was hold station and taste the champers.

Was gutted for Bradl too, his season seems to have gone away from him - is he trying too hard?

Next year.. bring it on!!!!
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Ciro Pabón on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:16 pm

Lyria wrote:... Watching Rossi remove his leathers from areas best left unseen though isn't exactly crucial is it?

Crucial is the exact word.

Paul wrote:Marquez will have to clean up his act a bit in Moto 1.
:p

Well, I'd say that Alzamora, Márquez's technical director, has the same problem Newey has: he has repeatedly been accused of doing something... legal. I love that.

http://www.motomatters.com/news/2012/11 ... hing_.html

Emilio Alzamora, genius, along Superwoman (Lyria?). This guy won the 1999 125cc championship against Melandri without winning any race (a string of podiums made the trick).
Last edited by Ciro Pabón on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciro

GP meliora est
Ciro Pabón

Postby Lyria on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 pm

You know I could never get Ultra to watch the F1 but she does like the bikes. She was shocked when Lorenzo landed, she said did he land on his head, took us a couple of looks to be sure he didn't, scuffed his leathers up well didn't it? Shows what good protection they are.

Cal was in a good position, all he had to do was hold on for the podium but I guess in those conditions it's easy for it just to get away from you. Bless his heart, he looked so sad too, worse than when he ran out of fuel the other race.

Hayden crashed out again too, felt bad for him as well. Let's hope next year we get some great racing. Rossi and Lorenzo in the same team should be interesting, Marquez and Pedrosa too, it's shaping up nicely isn't it? Bet Dovizioso will regret the move to Ducati, their bike is miles worse than the Yamaha he's been on this year.

I've enjoyed the races I watched, and I'm looking forward to more, roll on 31st of March in Qatar!!

Lyria

Postby Lyria on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:25 pm

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Lyria wrote:... Watching Rossi remove his leathers from areas best left unseen though isn't exactly crucial is it?

Crucial is the exact word.

Oh how I wish you could unsee things sometimes, that's one I;d put near the top of my list!! ;)
Lyria

Postby Ciro Pabón on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Ultra likes MotoGP? Ay, caramba.

Ciro

GP meliora est
Ciro Pabón

Postby Warweezil on Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:52 am

Yes the leathers really do work, and the key thing is they slide so well... "Rag doll" rolls can cause a lot of injury :eek: , I always relax when I see a rider sliding after an off, chances are he will get up and hobble away under his own steam. But you are right, if you look at the MotoGP pages on BBC sport there is a shot of an upside down Lorenzo flying in close formation with his machine. Ive seen close up how much punishment the kit can take - not to mention collected a fair number of Knee sliders - and at the level that I circulate in - the guys and girls don't yet have access to airbag technology - although I hope that will soon filter down and become more affordable soon - I might not get so many grey hairs so quick then :rotflmao: but the kit they have now at club level does a great job for what it is.

Strange thing is that in my personal experience the most innocuous fall resulted in a huge amount of damage to one young lady a season or so back, she fell in my sector on the sighting lap, at probably only 40-50mph, the pack split around her and yet she had broken ribs fractured skull and other damage. She is back racing with the club now, but it was nasty at the time - enough for an air evac. The Bike? a few scratches broken clutch and brake levers and a cracked fairing was about it. Crazy!

Now Lorenzo and Crutchlow.. they knowhow to destroy a bike properly! :banghead: :yaynot:
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Lyria on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:35 pm

What really makes me roll my eyes is when you see bike riders on the road in shorts and t-shirts. It's madness I tell you, utter madness!
A guy who I know called Bruce was on a bike when he hit a patch of ice, he had a nasty accident and his arm and part of his shoulder was ripped off, that was because he was wearing a smart jacket (on his way to a party) and not proper protection. He was 18 almost 19 at the time and it ruined his life as far as he was concerned. So yes, protective wear is very important. I understand you can even buy kevlar trousers for biking in these days and they're really good.

Lorenzo had his crash due to his closing speed on the slower bike of Ellison. I suppose he assumed there would be blue flags or something and Ellison would pull over to let him through, well I didn't see any flags and I don't think Ellison even knew he was there. On a slick tyre with such a dry line Lorenzo was always going to be in trouble but that's easy for us to see sitting in our nice comfy seats and watching from home isn't it?

Ciro Pabón wrote:Ultra likes MotoGP? Ay, caramba.

Yes Ciro, Ultra likes the bikes much better than the cars 8) 8)
Lyria

Postby Warweezil on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:44 pm

He lost the back end - simple once it twitched like that I think it was a done deal.. Again - he didn't need to be pushing quite so hard at that point, better to make the corner and stay on the ride than taste the dust of the kitty litter.. how does that old saying go?
To finish First... first you have to finish
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

PreviousNext

Return to Other Motorsports