ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Casey Stoner To Retire

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Casey Stoner To Retire

Postby Warweezil on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Im enjoying Crutchlow immensely at the moment.. but thats a nationality thing...

Rossi back on Yamaha... I still wonder if the leg affected him in more ways than physical... Ive picked up a few twisted bikes from the grasslands on my weekends out... it makes you wonder how these guys just get up and hobble away after a ounce like that.

BMW are coming? what Id love to see is Suzuki back with a competitive package - as a former Suzuki owner.... but hey I had a Ducati too and am very disappointed in their efforts.

Lyria... you should sit down and watch a few races... preferably on Eurosport if you have it as the commentary team there are doing something they love and know about.. it isn't "just a job" to them, you pick that up in the banter. Bernie needs to watch it so he can see what a show really looks like...

Maybe we will see Valentino stealing the result in the last corner again next year :yay: :dance: _O_ :dance: :yay:

THAT is the racing I like.. all about the rider, the set up and the machine... none of this pitstop tactics b/s.. or silly little overtake buttons.

Whoops nearly hit rant mode there :rotflmao: we now return you to my morning tea... :coffee:
Original Member no 137
The voices in my head may not be real..... but they have some damned good ideas
On Post.... Out there..... Up Close & Personal
Warweezil

Postby Lyria on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Warweezil wrote:Im enjoying Crutchlow immensely at the moment.. but thats a nationality thing...

Rossi back on Yamaha... I still wonder if the leg affected him in more ways than physical... Ive picked up a few twisted bikes from the grasslands on my weekends out... it makes you wonder how these guys just get up and hobble away after a ounce like that.

BMW are coming? what Id love to see is Suzuki back with a competitive package - as a former Suzuki owner.... but hey I had a Ducati too and am very disappointed in their efforts.

Lyria... you should sit down and watch a few races... preferably on Eurosport if you have it as the commentary team there are doing something they love and know about.. it isn't "just a job" to them, you pick that up in the banter. Bernie needs to watch it so he can see what a show really looks like...

Maybe we will see Valentino stealing the result in the last corner again next year :yay: :dance: _O_ :dance: :yay:

THAT is the racing I like.. all about the rider, the set up and the machine... none of this pitstop tactics b/s.. or silly little overtake buttons.

Whoops nearly hit rant mode there :rotflmao: we now return you to my morning tea... :coffee:

I don't have Eurosport but I am considering changing my allegiance from F1 to Moto gp given the way things are going. I do read up on what's going on as well, but I don't want to follow two series, that would be too much for me time wise, I am thinking about it seriously.

Oh and Cal Crutchlow was either brave or stupid to race at Silverstone with his ankle the way it was, talk about asking for trouble. Can't help admiring him for it though as well :hihi:
Lyria

Postby Warweezil on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Cal was just doing what Bike racers do.... Ive seen it at Pembrey... Guy has big off, goes to Hospital and is back in the saddle strapped and bandaged the next day... I think it has something to do with the effects of engine vibrations on the reasonong areas of the brain. :rotflmao:

The good thing with Moto GP is that.... were you ever up to going... it would be cheaper than Bernies overpriced pantomime, and in terms of hair raising competition.. well look at the almost lack of aftermath of Webber at Valencia compared with the tragedy of SuperSic last year.

Touring cars is becoming a joke, a little like F1 too much tinkering with the rules to "create competition". I view Alan Gow with the same distates as I view Gollum....
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Ciro Pabón on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:30 am

Yeah. Megadethian moves are typical of moto racers. I think you're right, Ferret.

I love Moto GP as any other racing, but a bit more (Spaniards and Moto GP go together as John and Jane Doe). I also like British Superbike (they know their racing, that's patent) and I think there resides the roots of the spirit of the commentators you mention, but what I like more about Crutchlow is the name: Calvin. That's a clue good enough for me.

Because we get paid, I hope?
Ciro

GP meliora est
Ciro Pabón

Postby Warweezil on Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:24 pm

2 of the clubs I have had the privilege of close contact with have seen riders move on towards Superbikes. The last few years have given me a different appreciation of Bike racers, its a combination of watching Moto GP and seeing the NGRRC and BEMSEE guys and girls in action that has done something I would never have thought possible. My favourite racing is a BIKE series! Of course Gollum and Maxochist helped along with other assorted clowns from the F1 circus.

I blame the fans as much for F1s decline into fat middle age. Last night I was talking to a guy who is just 20.. he declared that that German was the greatest driver ever and that F1 had never been more exciting than it is now because of the current tech specs and drivers like Hamilton and Vettle.. I damn near wrote the car off laughing! He then topped all this off by stating he is a Massa fan.

I'm hoping that Rossi will rediscover his old sparkle when he returns to Yamaha, and that Cal will continue to grow as a rider along with some of the new guys that are coming though from the lower series. The future looks bright
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby sinsi on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:59 am

Apparently Stoner is looking at the second-tier V8's (Dunlop series?) to have a go at getting into the V8 Supercars, according to the paper today.
Nothing about his year off though.

Just won the Aus GP, six in a row I think. Out with a bang.
sinsi

Postby Lyria on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:05 am

You're right sinsi, that was Stoner's six win a row at his home race. What a ride it was too, he was in a league of his own out there. Felt a little sorry for his team mate I have to admit, losing the championship like that was hard for him.
Lyria

Postby Warweezil on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:58 pm

So finally we have it confirmed...... Casey Stoner will make his V8 supercar debut in the second-tier Dunlop development series at the Clipsal 500 in Just over a month - So no year off... maybe hes getting fed up with being nagged at home already :rant: :rotflmao: Story Here
Original Member no 137
Warweezil

Postby Paul on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:22 pm

:hihi: Thought that might happen

---
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
- Mark Twain .

---
Paul

Postby sinsi on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:02 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/motogp-ch ... 6588704748
Headline is misleading, he flat-spotted a tyre, tried to nurse it but it popped, then he "hit" the wall.
Plenty of concrete here, not too much runoff.
sinsi

Previous

Return to Other Motorsports