ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

The WRC 2012 Thread!!

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: The WRC 2012 Thread!!

Postby Funkmother on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:08 am

... therefore nothing has changed in rallying in the last 150 years.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby maister on Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:39 am

Funkmother wrote:I don't know. I still think its a lot of work. Maybe rally isn't as physical. I don't know. What I do know is that after 15 minutes of driving a go kart around a local track, I was panting, my arms were sore and my ribs bruised from the g-forces pushing me into the seat. Now, I have to admit, I'm not that fit but it gives you a new appreciation for racing drivers who keep this up for 6 times as long and probably experience 2 or 3 times the g-forces. Mind you, on the kart track, the longest break you get from cornering is about 3 seconds.

They asked Kimi how the two (F1 and rally) compare and he said that for him rally was even harder because you're in the car almost the whole day but I think the biggest problem for him were the morning stages :p

But when you see Schumacher in F1 at 42 (and this year I think he's on pace), you would think that rally drivers could stretch their careers well into their 40s?
maister

Postby _FoCuS_ on Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Loeb won Finland rally.

I wonder why citroen send sebastian ogier
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby Ciro Pabón on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:43 am

maister wrote:
Funkmother wrote:I don't know. I still think its a lot of work. Maybe rally isn't as physical. I don't know. What I do know is that after 15 minutes of driving a go kart around a local track, I was panting, my arms were sore and my ribs bruised from the g-forces pushing me into the seat. Now, I have to admit, I'm not that fit but it gives you a new appreciation for racing drivers who keep this up for 6 times as long and probably experience 2 or 3 times the g-forces. Mind you, on the kart track, the longest break you get from cornering is about 3 seconds.

They asked Kimi how the two (F1 and rally) compare and he said that for him rally was even harder because you're in the car almost the whole day but I think the biggest problem for him were the morning stages :p

But when you see Schumacher in F1 at 42 (and this year I think he's on pace), you would think that rally drivers could stretch their careers well into their 40s?

I have the remedy for you, Funker: use a rib protector, my man.

It's the same as using gloves to dig earth: you feel a huge difference after one hour.

I'm 52 and fit enough to drive a kart for two hours or more, but not without a protector.

If you hear music things get even better, don't ask me why, so carry your Ipod or cellphone and prepare yourself to be amazed. Music with a mid beat works better, salsa will make you a smiling racer.

Sometimes I wonder if you read anything of what I write, darn.

WRC is doing great, thanks. And, yes, it's physical. And mental. It's a whole body thing, that's why, I guess, music helps.
Ciro

GP meliora est
Ciro Pabón

Postby _FoCuS_ on Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:55 am

I am not happy with Stoner's retirement but not in same for Loeb. I think he did all at this serie and he has to look different challenges . I don't know what will be wrc 's situation next year . Ford quits. That's not good
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Previous

Return to Other Motorsports