ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

The WRC 2012 Thread!!

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

The WRC 2012 Thread!!

Postby Crossa on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

And an interesting piece of news to start off with: Ogier to join VW development team

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96401

So, who's going to join Latvala @ Ford?
Crossa

Re: The WRC 2012 Thread!!

Postby Sinister on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:04 pm

Not a very wise decision by Ogier. He should have joined VW in 2013. He will now spend most of next year picking his nose. I was almost sure he would sign for Ford.

As for Ford, I hope that useless f*cknut Matt Wilson won't be promoted to the main team. :angryfire: :angryfire: . Perhaps Petter Solberg? Has his relationship with them improved??
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Sinister on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm

Have a feeling Mads Ostberg will be Fords second driver.

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:38 am

Ogier to drive a Skoda next year.

Sebastien Ogier will contest every round of the 2012 World Rally Championship in a Skoda Fabia S2000.

Having confirmed he would be leaving Citroen for Volkswagen earlier this week, it was suggested he may have to sit out next year's championship as VW develops its car ahead of an assault in 2013.

In an exclusive Q & A with AUTOSPORT VW's motorsport chief Kris Nissen said that he expected Ogier to be at all WRC events next year, and the five-time rally winner has now confirmed that he will contest the full 2012 calendar in a Skoda.

Ogier also hinted that, should VW's testing programme for its Polo prove successful, the car could make its WRC bow as early as next season.

"Taking part in the 2012 WRC will enable me to stay match fit and familiarise myself with those events that I don't know so well," said Ogier.

"The test work will help me follow the Polo's development from A to Z. That's a very exciting challenge. I'm not ruling out the possibility of competing in the Polo towards the end of the year if the team believes we are sufficiently ready."

Ogier also revealed that VW's long-term stability in the sport had helped tip the balance when it came to deciding between the German manufacturer and Ford.

"We looked at both opportunities," Ogier revealed. "However, Ford's future in the sport wasn't as certain as that of VW. When I added together all the pluses and minuses, Volkswagen emerged as the best choice."

Having joined VW immediately, Ogier's first appearance as a works driver will be at the Race of Champions in Dusseldorf on December 3-4.

Ah well, at least he won't be sitting at home doing nothing. :clap:

Sinister

Postby Sinister on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:43 am

Today is six years since former world champion Richard Burns sadly passed away. R.I.P Burnsie. :yaynot:

Sinister

Postby Funkmother on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:08 am

Yeah Richard was a champion, in more ways than one.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby maister on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 am

Sinister wrote:Ogier to drive a Skoda next year.

Ah well, at least he won't be sitting at home doing nothing. :clap:

I expect him to win the championship in 2013, he's very fast and VW will probably produce a great car.

Going to VW is probably good for his career but I wanted to see him team up with Latvala next year. Both are very fast but I would really like to know who is faster.
maister

Postby maister on Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Hirvonen already testing the DS3 WRC:

http://thisisrally.blogspot.com/2011/11 ... l?spref=fb

Another championship for Loeb in 2012? Everything looks that way... no Ogier in his team, Mikko is not that fast (at least he wasn't his year), it's not sure if Ford will even continue, Mini maybe won't do the whole season...
maister

Postby Crossa on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:36 am

And a nice video of Hirvonen playing with his new toy

Crossa

Postby Sinister on Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Sweet. :thumbs:

Sinister

Postby Mafia on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:27 am

:propeller:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby _FoCuS_ on Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:33 am

Crossa wrote:And an interesting piece of news to start off with: Ogier to join VW development team

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96401

So, who's going to join Latvala @ Ford?

Citroen and Loeb were not good enough at gravel until they hired C Sainz and , of course this is my thought , then they became good at both side. Ogier is very fast driver but I think they need a well experienced driver to develop the car.
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby _FoCuS_ on Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:38 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tL9nmOctYE4#![/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tL9nmOctYE4#!
If you want to look thinner, hang around people fatter than you.
_FoCuS_

Postby Mafia on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:09 pm

Cougar wrote::clint:

Hehe, Me too :thumbs:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Sinister on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 am

Could the highly overrated Solberg head to the team who he stabbed in the back?

Petter Solberg will test a Ford Fiesta RS WRC for the first time on Thursday with a view to joining the team as its second driver in 2012.

Solberg outlined his plans to AUTOSPORT during Rally GB last month and the details of the test were further discussed with Ford team principal Malcolm Wilson in London just prior to the AUTOSPORT Awards last week.

Solberg hasn't driven for Wilson's factory squad since 2000, when he departed the Cumbrian-based team mid-season for Subaru.

A source within Ford said: "Petter is still a very fast driver and a driver capable of becoming a world champion again. The test makes a lot of sense for us all, it'll be good to see him back in one of our cars again and interesting to see what he can do. Beyond that, nothing much more has been discussed."

Providing the test goes to plan, the details of Solberg's return to the Ford team will be discussed over the weekend.

Solberg was unavailable for comment on the test, but talking about a potential Ford return last month, he said: "I think Jari-Matti [Latvala] and I could make a very strong team, a really strong team for next year.

"There's no doubt that Jari has the potential to be a world champion and I want to help do what I can for the team. I have been the privateer for three years and now I really want to go back to the factory car. I know what I am capable of still and it would be fantastic to go back with Malcolm again."

Solberg scotched rumours that he and his brother Henning might form a two-car Ford team.

"This is not going to happen," he said. "For next year, I need to have the factory car, to be part of the factory team. I won't be in the team with Henning."

Despite his switch to a private team, Solberg remains one of the world's fastest rally drivers. He had been in contact with Volkswagen, but the German firm signed Sebastien Ogier instead.

Latvala is testing the Fiesta this week, but his seat time ended prematurely yesterday when he slid off the road. The car was undamaged.

Solberg and the Ford team will test close to the base for next year's season opener, the Monte Carlo Rally, in Valence.

An announcement is scheduled for Monday next week ' the closing date for manufacturer entries to the World Rally Championship.

Sinister

Next

Return to Other Motorsports