ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

WTCC

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: WTCC

Postby snowman on Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 am

Oh yeah! And a 18 year old Norwegian took both 3rd places at Pau in his first race. :yay:
Even though he clearly said he would be extremely cautious and just take the points that came his way. Such a talented lad, too bad he is struggling so much with sponsorship.

Pål Varhaug! :yay: :yay:
"What you believe to be true is false.
What you thought right, wrong."

- Shagrath (Stian Thoresen)
snowman

Postby grunf77 on Wed May 20, 2009 6:24 am

I was keeping track of Alex Rossi, he's not bad, certainly exciting to watch.New US hope of OWR and potentially driver in USF1 team?
Listen, it was hard enough to drive those heavy old cars back then under normal circumstances, but with a crazed monkey clawing you at the same time, it becomes nearly impossible! http://www.timflock.com/jocko.htm
grunf77

Postby snowman on Wed May 20, 2009 10:51 am

Is he really a title contender in Formula Master? Being "not bad" is far from enough to get a shot in F1. If you win you got a chance.
"What you believe to be true is false.
What you thought right, wrong."

- Shagrath (Stian Thoresen)
snowman

Postby Funkmother on Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:33 am

WTCC action this weekend but I'm yet to catch the full replay although I managed to catch a few minutes before F1. Actually, I was tempted to stay with the WTCC. At any rate, Alex Zanardi won race 1 before being cruelly punted out of race 2. The BMW boy all fought with each other while the Seat drivers worked as a team and moved up the field. I know, it happens all the time but race 2 was the best/worst example I've seen. BMW: :loser:
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Funkmother on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 am

WTCC this weekend takes place in Marrakech, Morocco. :sun:
Funkmother

Postby Funkmother on Wed May 05, 2010 6:24 am

As if anyone cares, bloody lot of good it was. Two races and more than half the laps were run under safety car. In the second race, the final lap was the only one completely run under green flag conditions. :eerie:
Funkmother

Postby Guy with a Beer on Thu May 06, 2010 1:37 am

I used to really enjoy watching the WTCC, right up until the point near the end of last year when all the teams started altering the race order to give certain drivers points in the c-ship. That ended it for me.
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby Funkmother on Wed May 26, 2010 2:46 am

WTCC took place last weekend at Monza. In hot weather, the first race looked to be between Rob Huff in his Chevvy and local hero and current champion Gabriella Tarquini in his turbo Seat. At the end of the second last lap, one of the backmarkers lost it in Parabolica bringing out local yellow flags. If Huffy planned to make a last minute dive on Tarquini, he'd have to do it before Ascari. Unbelievably, the two lead cars both blew front left hand tyres on the run down to the final chicane. Huff passed Tarquini in the chicane. With about a kilometre left to run, they both charged for the line with shredded tyre being thrown everywhere on the run down to the Parabolica. The BMWs behind them were catching rapidly and were upon the two leaders in the approach to Parabolica but with yellow flags waving, the chasers had to stand on their brakes and hold position until they were through the corner. They were shown the green on the run to the line. The surprise winner was Andy Priaulx, his second surprise race win of the season after Marrakech. Team mate Augusto Farfus was 2nd. Huff managed to hang on to third while Tarquini brought his thing home in 7th, perhaps aiming to finish 8th in order to get pole for the reverse grid second race.

Tarquini managed to briefly take the lead in race two but was called in for a drive through penalty after jumping the start. This left Danish rookie Michel Nykjaer in the lead followed by Yvan Muller. Astonishingly, Nykjaer suffered the same fate on the last lap as the two who had lead race one and which he himself also suffered in the closing lap of race one. He pulled off at the first chicane leaving Muller to take the victory followed by Tom Coronel and Rob Huff, his second third place of the day.
Funkmother

Postby Funkmother on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:08 am

A spectacular finish to the WTCC season took place on the weekend in Macau. The Macau event is always spectacular thanks to the circuit. Last week an FIA court of appeal overturned a decision of the stewards at the preceding event in Okayama, Japan to allow the BMW cars of Andy Priaulx and Augusto Farfus to run non-homologated gear boxes. The FIA decision excluded the two BMWs from the event taking from Andy his hope of winning the championship handing it to Yvan Muller. I have to say, while I like Andy, I was hoping Yvan would win against the Seats headed by incumbent champion Gabriele Tarquini, but not like that. I felt sorry for Andy who was also taken out of race one on the opening lap. He was not a happy lad. Rob Huff won race one giving the constructor's championship to Chevrolet, the first time the manufacturer has won a world title. Norbert Michelisz won the reverse grid race two after a crash at Police corner blocked the track and the last 12 competitors bringing out a red flag. All but 4 of the 12 took the restart.

Macau always produces great racing and I hope I'll get a chance to see the other races that took place at the event that weren't covered by Eurosport.
Funkmother

Postby Guy with a Beer on Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:03 am

No more works BMWs...... This series continues to get worse.
Guy with a Beer

Location: Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Cairns, Honolulu, Tokyo, Osaka, or Flight Level 390

Postby Funkmother on Wed May 18, 2011 7:55 am

Well, Eurosport has stopped sending me notifications and I'm really pissed about that. :eerie: As a result, I missed a couple of rounds. It was a close thing between the Chevvys at Monza though.
Funkmother

Postby Funkmother on Thu May 19, 2011 6:18 am

Any excuse. :roll:
Funkmother

Postby Sinister on Thu May 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Funkmother wrote:Well, Eurosport has stopped sending me notifications and I'm really pissed about that. :eerie: As a result, I missed a couple of rounds. It was a close thing between the Chevvys at Monza though.

Chevys? More like Daewoo's or Holdens in your neck of the woods. :hihi:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Funkmother on Fri May 20, 2011 7:46 am

Well if I were to call them by those names, I'd be alienating everybody else here but yes, Korean Holdens. :loser: They seem pretty unbeatable at the moment though.
Funkmother

Postby Guy with a Beer on Thu May 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Are they actually competing against anybody these days?
Guy with a Beer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Motorsports