ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Nascar

Talk about other disciplines of motorsports around the world

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Nascar

Postby Clag on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

I see they're qualifying to day. Seems like the season just ended.
Doing something is rewarding over time.
But doing nothing pays dividends immediately
Clag

Postby strad on Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:25 pm

Well Edwards showed what a jerk he is,,,Coulda killed somebody..and over what? Something that was clearly a racing incident...What a lame..just shows why I've never liked him.
How could Montoya screw up the one restart that mattered?
Y'all better tie kerosene soaked rags around your ankles, to keep the ants from crawlin up your legs and eating your candy asses
strad

Postby Crossa on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:47 am

How common is this whole "pay-back" routine in NASCAR anyway? Autosport is running a story that Montoya got away with something like this between him and Stewart (although less violent)
Crossa

Postby Clag on Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:53 am

The "payback" thing is constant. This one started last year at Talladega . That one with Montoya and Stewart was at the end of last year, and it wasn't that big of a deal.
Yeah I was pretty disappointed With Montoya's restart. But that's why I'm so mad at Edwards....There wouldn't have been a restart if it wasn't for him and his stupid retaliation. You could see his gloves on the steering wheel. He just turned right into Kaselowski.
Clag

Postby strad on Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:58 pm

Appearently Edwards does not understand t6hat only Michael Schumaher is allowed to use his car as a weapon. :rotflmao:
Y'all better tie kerosene soaked rags around your ankles, to keep the ants from crawlin up your legs and eating your candy asses
strad

Postby Clag on Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:19 pm

strad wrote:Appearently Edwards does not understand t6hat only Michael Schumaher is allowed to use his car as a weapon. :rotflmao:

No doubt. I'm watching to see what NASCAR does about this. No news yet, but Edwards went a long way in hurting his reputation. I'm just not sure what he was thinking really. It's not like sponsors are lining up to invest in racing teams right now. You gotta think real hard about that kind of stuff before you do something like that.
But revisiting Montoya ...I saw the interview with him after the race, and it was brought up that Kurt Bush had jumped the start by quite a bit. Montoya didn't point the finger or anything, but after they asked him about it , he sort of said...' that's a question maybe we need to ask NASCAR...Do we start at the line, or do we start when the flag is waved ? '
And again, speaking to your point Crossa about the incident with Montoya, and Stewart last year. One thing about Juan..He has defined what clean racing should be when you race him, and I think everyone knows what it is. Because when you cross the line with him, he addresses it immediately, and he doesn't hold back.
That deal last year was during " the Chase", and both drivers had reached a point where neither one of them were going to win the championship. So both of them were frustrated, and had nothing to lose really, so they sort of took it out on each other. Neither one of them had a comment after it happened, and they went in their trailers, and it was over.
Clag

Postby strad on Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:27 am

I'm not used to seeing this...Juan in front :yay: :clint: :yay:
strad

Postby Clag on Sun May 16, 2010 6:44 pm

So Juan is getting lapped while his team mate is running 6th. Hmmm. I know this has been a hard luck year for Juan, but I'm just about at a point where I can't call his transition into NASCAR a success . 1 win on a road course in what ..4 years ?
Clag

Postby DixonFan on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:26 am

Yay Monty! Make that 2 wins in 4 years. Great drive (though I only saw 10 laps), he was fully hooked up today. Also a good drive from Ambrose, the Aussie battler.
"To think, I turned to a cult for mindless happiness when I had beer all along" - Homer J Simpson
DixonFan

Postby Clag on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:00 pm

I know you guys aren't big NASCAR fans, but of you missed that race, it's too bad for you. Ambrose and Montoya went at each other for bout 30 laps. Great racing by both. And in the end, they both had compliments for each other. Good stuff. Too bad you guys didn't get to watch. Truly epic stuff.
Clag

Postby DixonFan on Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:45 am

Clag wrote:I know you guys aren't big NASCAR fans, but of you missed that race, it's too bad for you. Ambrose and Montoya went at each other for bout 30 laps. Great racing by both. And in the end, they both had compliments for each other. Good stuff. Too bad you guys didn't get to watch. Truly epic stuff.

The bits I saw were great racing - good clean firm but fair racing. I'm quite partial to the odd NASCAR race here and there (more so if Monty is doing well), the ovals require a completely different skill set than the average F1 fan would appreciate. Like any racing it is all about slowing down the least amount to go around the corners, but unlike F1 or regular circuit racing where a mistake in a corner can usually be recovered in the next braking zone, a mistake on an oval can put you on the back foot for a few laps. Plus the cars are way sensitive to under/oversteer, but it can be trimmed during the race as and when required.

And the crashes are pretty good too...
"To think, I turned to a cult for mindless happiness when I had beer all along" - Homer J Simpson
DixonFan

Postby JSVeron on Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:05 pm

From what I've seen this year Montoya has had quite a lot of bad luck especially recently. He has been fast and qualified well but something always tends to go wrong - especially at Indy! - and he drops down the order. But recently he has been very much there or there abouts from what I've seen.

His battle with Ambrose at the Glen was awesome. Great driving by them both.
What have the romans ever done for us..........
JSVeron

Postby Funkmother on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:00 am

I miss watching Marcus race. I don't think we get any Nascar in my part of the world. I'd like to see him in open wheelers actually. :evil:
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

Postby Frank Matich on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:02 pm

Funkmother wrote:I miss watching Marcus race. I don't think we get any Nascar in my part of the world. I'd like to see him in open wheelers actually. :evil:

OneHD runs all nationwide live and sprint cup as replays - grab a set top digital box and alls good
Frank Matich

Postby Funkmother on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:48 am

Yeah, maybe I should. I was hoping they'd add ONE to my cable but I suspect its not going to happen. Still, another STB in the entertainment unit is going to give me a pain in the neck. Space and especially heat are at a premium.
The metaphorical inuendo flows like chalk.
Funkmother

PreviousNext

Return to Other Motorsports