ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Changing of the Guard

Your questions and suggestions about the forum

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Changing of the Guard

Postby Lawrence on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Hey guys, my focus and attention has been elsewhere for a while, so it is probably best if I step down as moderator. We have therefore arranged for Lyria to return to the moderator team while I take a break. I ain't going anywhere and will still be on the board, but it is time for other people to take over (or return) to the moderator role. See you guys on the board and remember to support your local moderators (especially Lyria). :cop:

Thanks for not giving me too much trouble,

Lawrence 8)
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
User avatar
Lawrence
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10465
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:01 am
Location: United States --- Washington DC

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Dev on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Lawrence wrote:Thanks for not giving me too much trouble,

Lawrence 8)


Damn. Looks like the camel jokes didn't go far enough. Sin, we have failed. :yaynot:

:rotflmao:

Welcome back Lyria. :beer: I promise to behave, serious! :alien:
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
User avatar
Dev
 
Posts: 55533
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:01 am
Location: Minas Morgul

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Sinister on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:06 pm

What a relief it will be someone sensible like Lyria who will take Lawrence's place. :clap:

Lawrence have you quit permanently or will you be returning as Mod? :cop:


Lyria, I promise not to behave. :sinister:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:


Things can only get worse.
User avatar
Sinister
 
Posts: 55469
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:01 am
Location: Anywhere close to food.

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Sinister on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Dev wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Thanks for not giving me too much trouble,

Lawrence 8)


Damn. Looks like the camel jokes didn't go far enough. Sin, we have failed. :yaynot:

:rotflmao:



Yeah. Damn. :yaynot: :hihi:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:


Things can only get worse.
User avatar
Sinister
 
Posts: 55469
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:01 am
Location: Anywhere close to food.

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby MikaPup on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Lawrence wrote:Hey guys, my focus and attention has been elsewhere for a while, so it is probably best if I step down as moderator.


You've spent too much time around DC, Lawrence - that sounds suspiciously like "leaving to spend more time with my family". :hihi:

You weren't caught spending all of the forum funds partying with Michael Steele, were you? :cop: :max:
MikaPup
 
Posts: 7968
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:01 am

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Lawrence on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:13 am

MikaPup wrote:You weren't caught spending all of the forum funds partying with Michael Steele, were you? :cop: :max:


Forum doesn't have that type of funds.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
User avatar
Lawrence
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10465
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:01 am
Location: United States --- Washington DC

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Lyria on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 am

So Dev is going to behave and Sinister isn't, wow, I can hardly wait :roll:

Lawrence has put a lot of time in here and I for one want to say well done and you deserve a rest from it. But if you're not around I have your email address and I will use it as I told you ;)

So I'd better get the whip ready then hadn't I? :cop:

User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Crossa on Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:59 am

MikaPup wrote:
Lawrence wrote:Hey guys, my focus and attention has been elsewhere for a while, so it is probably best if I step down as moderator.


You've spent too much time around DC, Lawrence - that sounds suspiciously like "leaving to spend more time with my family". :hihi:



That must be a new international trend. Over here, both the leader of Labour, as well as what was generally regarded as the Christian-Democrat "crown-prince" stepped down for that same reason in the wake over the resignation of our government...
Image
User avatar
Crossa
 
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Crossa on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:01 am

Lawrence wrote:Hey guys, my focus and attention has been elsewhere for a while, so it is probably best if I step down as moderator. We have therefore arranged for Lyria to return to the moderator team while I take a break. I ain't going anywhere and will still be on the board, but it is time for other people to take over (or return) to the moderator role. See you guys on the board and remember to support your local moderators (especially Lyria). :cop:

Thanks for not giving me too much trouble,

Lawrence 8)


Thanks for being on the team! No one in the history of this board banned more members than you 8) I suggest in your honour we shall refer to that as "Lawrencing" from now on :alien:

And welcome back Lyria.. I shall proceed to pushing god knows how many buttons and shift some of them godly powers between the two of you
Image
User avatar
Crossa
 
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Lyria on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:13 am

Crossa wrote:

And welcome back Lyria.. I shall proceed to pushing god knows how many buttons and shift some of them godly powers between the two of you


Thanks Crossa, I see I have the powers back already, very efficient of you. 8)

So whose posts shall I edit first? :reallyevil: :evil:
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Crossa on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:15 am

Ok, it has been done (I think)

:chick:

Lawrence, there's a known bug in these boards that sometimes resets your password after shifting roles like this, so if you can't login, you have my email!
Image
User avatar
Crossa
 
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Sinister on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Lyria wrote:
Crossa wrote:

And welcome back Lyria.. I shall proceed to pushing god knows how many buttons and shift some of them godly powers between the two of you


Thanks Crossa, I see I have the powers back already, very efficient of you. 8)

So whose posts shall I edit first? :reallyevil: :evil:



:paul: . You can change all his posts to , " I love hamilton" , " I love Schumi", "Bernie is my grandson" and " I am not in love with Alonso". :reallyevil: :reallyevil: :reallyevil: :reallyevil: :reallyevil:


Btw, welcome back to Mod :cop: power Lyria. :yay: :clap:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:


Things can only get worse.
User avatar
Sinister
 
Posts: 55469
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:01 am
Location: Anywhere close to food.

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Lawrence on Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 pm

Crossa wrote:Thanks for being on the team! No one in the history of this board banned more members than you 8) I suggest in your honour we shall refer to that as "Lawrencing" from now on :alien:


Now...now.....I didn't ban any members the entire time I was here, probably much to a few people's surprise. On the other hand, the Iron Lady is back, so you guys better behave!!!
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
User avatar
Lawrence
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10465
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:01 am
Location: United States --- Washington DC

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Crossa on Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:10 pm

... apart from the > 2000 non-posting porn advocating fake users you got rid of 8)
Image
User avatar
Crossa
 
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Changing of the Guard

Postby Lyria on Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Crossa wrote:Thanks for being on the team! No one in the history of this board banned more members than you 8) I suggest in your honour we shall refer to that as "Lawrencing" from now on :alien:


Now...now.....I didn't ban any members the entire time I was here, probably much to a few people's surprise. On the other hand, the Iron Lady is back, so you guys better behave!!!



Damn you make me feel like Margaret Thatcher :hihi:

I can't even say I didn't ban any current (at the time) members because I did :shy: but only when they really asked for it of course!!



Sinister wrote:Btw, welcome back to Mod :cop: power Lyria. :yay: :clap:


Thanks Sinister 8) 8) 8)
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Next

Return to About the Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Copyright 1988-2011, Inside F1, Inc.