ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Dearest Admins

Your questions and suggestions about the forum

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Dearest Admins

Postby MikaPup on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:38 pm

IS THERE A REASON THAT WE HAVE THE SMALLEST FREAKING LIMIT ON PHOTO SIZE OF ANY FORUM ON THE PLANET??????????

(Not to mention the font size limit, which is inadequate for expressing my feelings on this issue.)
MikaPup

Re: Dearest Admins

Postby MikaPup on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:42 pm

Hmm. That looks like signature material.
MikaPup

Postby Dev on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:47 pm

I believe the rule was originally in place to prevent Sin from posting an actual size picture of his butt.
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Sinister on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:49 pm

^o^ :shy:
The Master Of Mind Games and the undisputed King Of Groaners :clap:

Things can only get worse.
Sinister

Postby Lawrence on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:50 pm

I don't think we can correct this at our end (is this true Crossa?). But, we can talk to Admin about it. I believe Lyria brought it up to him once before, but we will look into it again. Will get back to you, as they say.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Crossa on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:59 pm

:hihi:

And yes I noticed your (and others) ehm shall we say uneasiness with the fixed-with setup of this board before.

The layout of the board is not something we came up with, but rather is a result of the hard work Admin put in after the previous incarnation of this forum died a sudden death. As far as I understood the reasons for the fixed width, rather than the variable width we had before, had much to do with actually trying to provide a service to folks who do not have 19 inch flatscreens to browse this forum with. And prevent lines of text that will cause a neck injury when reading to those that do have 19 inch screens. Or maybe aesthetics, who knows.

As means of (albeit apparently unsatisfactory) consolidation I spend some time and cooked up the bigimg tags, that allow for bigger pictures, as well as websites, to be displayed in the topics. Either magnified with moving bars, or magnify-able, depending on your browser.

You are not happy, and when you are not happy, we are not happy.

Can it be fixed? Who knows, but before I go and beg to admin, I'd like to be sure that widening up the board is something that everyone, or at least a qualified majority, would want, since there are drawbacks too.
Crossa

Postby Sinister on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Personally I am not bothered if the forum goes widescreen or not. :clown:

Sinister

Postby MikaPup on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:26 pm

Well, the problem of course is that if someone posts something ridiculously large, then you end up scrolling left to right for the whole page, which is a pain. But personally, I think that used to happen rarely enough that it was easily tolerated. ( Especially now that we've got wonderfully attentive moderators who could delete said offending image. :hihi: )

F1tech is set up to shrink the image to fit whatever their maximum size is (which is still a good bit larger than ours). That works pretty well.

The problem here is that you never know what will happen to your pic until you post it. And then if it's too big, you've got to go back and change the tag. And then you have to scroll around an even smaller window to see this big picture, which, while it technically gets the job done, isn't really doing anything for me.
MikaPup

Postby Dev on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 am

Who says dogs aren't demanding, eh? :eerie:

:p
Alcohol isn't a problem, it's a solution... Just ask any chemist.
Dev

Postby Sinister on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 pm

If the forum Mods don't increase the photo size limit , MikaPup is quite likely to go "Cujo" on their arses. :|

Sinister

Postby MikaPup on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:37 pm

I ask very little. But when I ask... :hihi:

Actually, I only have two requirements: the ability to post pretty pictures, and to be allowed to say "banana-dick" should the need ever arise. It hasn't yet, but it's good to know it's there when I need it.

But seriously, folks. It does seem a bit silly that our board doesn't allow the same photo size as any other. Keep the limit if you want, but just make it reasonable. If I can browse the Autosport forums on my phone without being bothered by the big photos, then I think we're fine loosening the straight jacket a little here.
Last edited by MikaPup on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikaPup

Postby Lawrence on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:38 pm

We are working it Pup....hold your horses (or should I say grab your dog).
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:19 pm

When I spoke to admin about picture sizes that was because certain people complained about the size of their avatars :roll:

I don't mind bigger pictures so long as it doesn't make everything go odd and mean you need to scroll for six months to read the end of a sentnce or something :hihi:

I did tell admin when this new forum went up that the inability to "banana-dick" when one needed to was a serious mistake, so that one was amended ;)
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:33 pm

Lyria wrote:I did tell admin when this new forum went up that the inability to "banana-dick" when one needed to was a serious mistake, so that one was amended ;)

Oh come on....now you're just serving as a straight man for Sinister!!!
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:37 am

Lawrence I merely used the example the Pup did!
Lyria

Next

Return to About the Forum