ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Ferrari F1

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Ferrari F1

Postby Sakae on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:47 am

Ferrari, fuel in focus: facts as revealed

Shell thinks they delivered 0,5 sec/lap this year through (all legal - freq. tested by FiA) improvements. Following article might surprise some:
Year is 2011 - Shell has 50 scientists dedicated to working on Ferrari's F1 fuel and oil and, between them, they spend something in the region of 21,000 man hours a year on the project, blending 200,000L of fuel in any given year - enough to power a road car for 50 years.

http://www.thenational.ae/lifestyle/motoring/formula-1-fuel-is-a-precise-science-tested-at-every-turn

Very impressive.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Re: Ferrari F1

Postby Sakae on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:31 pm

Fastest pit stop award for 2015 - Ferrari: 2,2 sec in still position
The team this year had the fastest pit stop in Monaco, Japan, Russia, Mexico, Malaysia, and Spain – where their fastest time was just 2.2 seconds.
En savoir plus sur http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/12/06/ferr ... qBpmAdW.99

Impressive!
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:40 am

Jock Clear should be joining the team soon. Impact of his contribution = ??
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:53 am

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/549529/Ferrari_can_beat_Mercedes__Allison/
Allison speaks about Ferrari drivers, and also about hope for next year. One thing I noticed in interviews with Allison, that he never hesitates to explicitly identify driver, mostly Vettel, as one who committed mistakes, but I am yet to catch him for once, AD 2015 is rare exception, he would say, we, the team, screwed up, or equipment malfunctioned. Some of my friends always thought that there is not warm relationship between him and Vettel, and Allison, if at all, is actually closer to Kimi. That might change of course, but right now these are optics for those watching Vettel's career closely. Perhaps that's how Allison is, having very few, if any friends, and those not necessarilly within F1 group.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:00 pm

I am not sure how much more clear he could be about it.
MARCHIONNE: IMPORTANT WE WIN THE FIRST RACE OF 2016

...not too much of corporate pressure on anyone, I say. New car, haven't turned a wheel on the track yet, no clue what others have, or haven't done over winter, and what we have is very subtle hint, OR ELSE!!
Sakae

Postby Mach on Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:00 am

Sakae wrote:I am not sure how much more clear he could be about it.

...not too much of corporate pressure on anyone, I say. New car, haven't turned a wheel on the track yet, no clue what others have, or haven't done over winter, and what we have is very subtle hint, OR ELSE!!
Well, do you blame him? If the team requires further tweaking....then....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:16 pm

Noted (as admitted by Marchionne) - Ferrari F1 - 1200 employees (in attendance of Christmas party). That's similar figure I heard about Mercedes camp.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Cool....but I say Mercedes still has the upper hand next season.
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Mach wrote:
Sakae wrote:I am not sure how much more clear he could be about it.

Well, do you blame him? If the team requires further tweaking....then....OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

Management 101: this psychological approach is D.O.A.
People know what si expected, but having a quantitive target is good (otherwise how do you know that you won)?
People are motivated without drumbeats, mantra, or remainders of annus horribilis of the past.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Management 101 :coffee:

1) Set measurable goals for your staff for a given time period
2) Gain staff acceptance of said measurable goals
3) Evaluate staff after given time period
4) Reward or punish staff based on their goals percentage of completion
Mach

Postby Sakae on Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:07 am

This comment caught my eye. Could be genuine sign of a boy reaching maturity age, could be a psychological strategy aimed at Ferrari brass, either way, not bad at all.
GP247
Interestingly, Verstappen also singles out Sebastian Vettel – not the current world champion Lewis Hamilton – as an example of how he wants to achieve his success. “Fast, clean, private, no scandals, no worries over his head,” Max said, referring to the Ferrari driver and quadruple world champion. It is important to have peace and Vettel does it perfectly.”
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:00 pm

Naked truth why Ferrari engines were refused to RB (by Marchionne)?

"If we look at Red Bull investing important amounts into their chassis development and then we equip them with a power unit at a certain price reflecting much higher investment than what they pay for, it's inequality on the track. We're not interested in that."

RBR of course has no interest to accept this argument, because it's too logical. Playing propaganda politics is much more fun.
Marchionne's explanation is not however full story, since supply contract would induce a lot of undesirable stress in operations for Ferrari, detrimental to their own progress. (Conversations with Allison). It is not difficult rationale to understand and accept by any group of technically minded reasonable people.
Ferrari really would have probably lost on chassis side, and whilst RB would have reaped numerous benefits from the deal, Ferrari almost certainly have lost in pace of car development by stretching specific (trained in F1) resources, on track fighting RB with lesser chassis, supplying them with below cost engines, and as a team exposed to unplanned imbalances. Marchionne was correct to reject such type of partnership.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:37 am

MARCHIONNE: IN AUSTRALIA WE WANT TO BE THE TEAM TO BEAT

Expression "Not beating around the bushes" got just now whole new meaning. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in an engineering room during lunch break to get some real feedback. This is what happens when an accountant/lawyer gets involved in engineering matters without having a new car to drive a single lap around a test track yet. MA after hearing it, probably must have instructed his wife to buy whole new load of Aspirins.
On more serious note, it could happen, but why not wait a little - two or three races - and then project a realistic/ambitious season target, instead setting a team up for a fall of the grace. Can he actually name a one person (out of 1200), who doesn't know yet that Ferrari wants to win big?
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Well, there is a stock offering this week....so they do need to talk up the brand.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:49 am

AMuS
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/f1-technik-news-2016-erste-infos-zu-neuen-autos-10344382.html
This all could be a big change in car's driving characteristics; pushrod (instead traditional Ferrari's pullrod), change on driver's position, and also perhaps a short nose. SM should be perhaps more patient and careful before he screams "we have a winner here".
Sakae

Next

Return to Formula One Talk