ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2016 Pre-season chat

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2016 Pre-season chat

Postby Sakae on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:15 am

Mach wrote:
Sakae wrote:Really? Probably that's why he is shutting down one EU race after another, and moving elsewhere. I believe that I have been misled in 2015 on topic what and when will be available trouble free (data, live timing), and I am not going to make the same mistake twice with him.
Yeah, F1 is mainstream in Europe and not North America.
Bernie is chasing higher fees outside of Europe.

I was reffering to cost of Live Timing in 2016 season on your computer.
EUR 20.18 Canada
EUR 24.11 USA
EUR 26.99 Most of EU states
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:40 pm

Sakae wrote:I was reffering to cost of Live Timing in 2016 season on your computer.
EUR 20.18 Canada
EUR 24.11 USA

That is because the Canadian dollar has tanked this year even worse than the Canadian hockey teams.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:29 am

Perceptions (Public - global - Poll by GP247)

WHO IS THE BEST F1 DRIVER OF THIS ERA?

SEBASTIAN VETTEL (36%, 732 Votes)
FERNANDO ALONSO (35%, 721 Votes)
LEWIS HAMILTON (20%, 407 Votes)

NONE OF THE ABOVE (9%, 175 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,035

I am not exactly sure on what basis Alonso continues to be voted at the front in a place where question of the day is always the same - what have you done for me lately? Hamilton, just as Mercedes, aren't being helped in terms of values, by one engine dominance.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Yea, we know Alonso and Hamilton are roughly equal, as they were teammates once. If you put one on the list, you have to put the other. The big unknown is whether Vettel goes above those two on the list, roughly equal with those two, or below those two.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Mach on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:14 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Sakae wrote:I was reffering to cost of Live Timing in 2016 season on your computer.
EUR 20.18 Canada
EUR 24.11 USA

That is because the Canadian dollar has tanked this year even worse than the Canadian hockey teams.

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

It's good to be a Capitals fan these days.....eh :vettel:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lawrence on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:36 am

Mach wrote:It's good to be a Capitals fan these days.....eh :vettel:

Very good (and about time !!!). My son got to play a game on the Verizon Rink ice right after the Capitals vs Avalanche Game.

Ovi got a hat trick tonight.
Lawrence

Postby Mach on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:51 am

Way cool!!!!
OV is on fire in highlight reels

I've already shinned up my golf clubs
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lawrence on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:46 pm

Mach wrote:OV is on fire in highlight reels

Well, losing last night to the Dallas Stars wasn't very encouraging (but Ovi got a goal).

Anyhow....don't really have anything to say right now about the upcoming F1 season other than 34 days, 10 hours, 13 minutes, 18 seconds to go.
Lawrence

Postby Mach on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:24 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Mach wrote:OV is on fire in highlight reels

Well, losing last night to the Dallas Stars wasn't very encouraging (but Ovi got a goal).

Anyhow....don't really have anything to say right now about the upcoming F1 season other than 34 days, 10 hours, 13 minutes, 18 seconds to go.
I find it rather interesting how much noise is emanating from the Ferrari camp.
Mach

Postby Lawrence on Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:23 am

Well, Ferrari and everyone else should do better. It is harder for Mercedes to find areas for improvement. My money is still on Mercedes over Ferrari, and Hamilton over Rosberg.
Lawrence

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk