ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Abu Dhabi GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2015 Abu Dhabi GP

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Lyria wrote:I wouldn't be so sure things are going that well with Messers Wolf and Lauda, they're not that close right now from what I've read :roll:

On Austrian TV:
"So Niki, a lot of people claim that you want to quit your job at Mercedes. Are they right?"
"Let's wait until Melbourne next year when I'll be on the grid with my red cap despite what all these idiots are saying."

Red Cap..? Freudian slip or what?
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Sakae wrote:
Lyria wrote:I wouldn't be so sure things are going that well with Messers Wolf and Lauda, they're not that close right now from what I've read :roll:

On Austrian TV:
"So Niki, a lot of people claim that you want to quit your job at Mercedes. Are they right?"
"Let's wait until Melbourne next year when I'll be on the grid with my red cap despite what all these idiots are saying."

Red Cap..? Freudian slip or what?

I saw him on the grid today, he'd got his usual red cap on Sakae, the one he's wearing in the picture you posted earlier this thread ;)

Not a bad race, great win by Rosberg, great comeback drive by Vettel, great drive by Raikkonen but then he wasn't really challenged. Some more great passing by Verstappen but he also picked up penalty point for ignoring blue flags, he's up to 8 already now. He needs to be careful or he's going to get a race ban before long!! You're only allowed ten is it in any twelve month period?

Felt sorry for Maldonado, a crash that wasn't is fault for once ;) Alonso wasn't happy but then who can blame him?

Yeah that's it now, no more racing until next year :yaynot: Oh well, it'll be testing time soon enough hopefully.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: MV
The stewards may also impose penalty points on a driver’s Super Licence. If a driver accrues 12 penalty points in a 12-month period they will have their Super Licence suspended for one race.

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/championship/inside-f1/rules-regs/Licenses_driving_protocol_and_penalties.html
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:30 pm

Willie Caja wrote:This time Pastor had nothing to do with his accident... :p
Nasr touched Alonso, and he collected Pastor.

Like your new avatar.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Willie Caja on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Lawrence wrote:Like your new avatar.

The only moment Fernando seemed to truly enjoy in a race this season.
:hihi:
"Okay Fernando, we are racing Massa behind to the end."
"I love your sense of humour!"
Willie Caja

Postby Lawrence on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:50 am

Willie Caja wrote:The only moment Fernando seemed to truly enjoy in a race this season.
:hihi:

I hope McLaren-Honda and Ferrari come alive next season so we can get a real multi-challenger championship.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:25 am

Since this has been a last race, my perspective of 2015 season:

In contrast to others, I shall not engage in declarations of best/worst races, best/worst drivers, etc due to its inherent subjectivity, and restrict myself merely to expression of pleasant surprise over Ferrari's progress, with my favorite driver, Sebastian, as a part of that momentum. Very good.
Biggest disappointment:
The FiA IMHO lost its way; people in charge of race control made it their job for life, and maybe new blood would help. Bickering and backstabbing probably reached new levels. I have also lost all respect for some individuals, a driver or two among them, but that's my problem only.
Expectations for next season:
Nothing new, just more of the same what we have seen this year. There is nothing in pipes which would look promising from where I sit. In fact, some of the comments I read about direction Pirelli intents to take agitates fear in me how bad situation could be with writing on the wall, that 2016 could turn into (another) year of tire, and nothing much more.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Have to say I agree with you more or less Sakae.

Under the disappointment part I'd have added the whole McLaren and Honda situation, that's been a total farce.

Then again there's been a lot of things that were disappointing and/or puzzling. Ron Dennis seems to talk even more tripe than usual, his comments just this weekend about Alonso weren't good, nor was the way his team dropped Magnussen, and the delight he seemed to take in denying Red Bull the chance to run Honda engines, well that made me realise I was still right to dislike him.

The whole 'will Renault buy out Lotus?' and 'what engine will Red Bull run?' are two other stories which could do with being resolved sooner rather than later as well.

Other than that we only have to wonder who will drive for Manor I guess, everything else seems to be settled now.
Lyria

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:36 pm

not the most exciting race, but let's try and look at the positive aspects

Rosberg - he won fair and square, he was faster and Hamilton quite simply didn't stand a chance despite the fact that IMHO when they showed some in car footage of the two drivers side by side it was apparent why IMHO Hamilton is the more gifted one: much crisper turn in, less rowing during the turn and a car which is straight out the turns without needing a stab of the brakes or any other help. Which leads me to believe that Rosberg is far superior mentally to Hamilton, yes despite what happened at the beginning of the season

Hamilton - he lost, there's no other way to put it, he quite simply didn't have enough speed to come close to Rosberg, the fact that he tried a different strategy (despite the fact that Toto had said that both drivers would be given the same strategy but we know how it works, Hamilton is always a little bit more "equal" than Rosberg) only proves that he didn't have the speed to catch him on track

Raikkonen - solid race for him if a bit indifferent, he never had much to do yesterday, getting close to the Mercs was not an option for him, he just had to cruise along hoping that Vettel didn't go too fast

Vettel - good race, IMHO in the past he has given us more but hey no one is perfect

Perez - another great race by him, he deserves something better than a Force India, he deserves something like a Williams at the very least, if it wasn't for the fact that Williams has to run two pay drivers

Ricciardo - he had a few great moments but overall he didn't look as insipired as he has done in the past

Hulkenberg - good race but you have to consider that he was racing Felipe Massa so not a sterling achievement

Massa - fantastic first lap followed by long periods of sleep with a few good moments in between. Once again his team mate could not touch him (irrespective of the pit stop fiasco)

Groasjean - it looks as if he fought like a lion

Kvyat - he looked good on occasion, pity engine troubles prevented him from doing more

Sainz - I was expecting more for him, IMHO he had a very strong race

Button - :tophat: great race by him, despite a GP2 enine on the back of his car

Bottas - the day after another Finnish pundit said that he should replace Rosberg at Mercedes in 2017 (when are these Finnish pundits going to keep it quiet about Bottas? I fear that they are tarnishing his reputation, he's becoming a laughing stock) he had a very embarrassing week end: in a matter of a couple of corners he lost I don't know how many position while everyone was jostling for position (dicing with other cars doesn't seem to be his strong point), including to his team mate. He then struggled to keep up with his oppenents and then there was that pit stop: the brunt of the responsibility has to go to Williams for unsafe release, but I'm still struggling to understand why he didn't brake or lift, IMHO he could have easily avoided it, if only he had been looking ahead of him
Paolo 2

Postby Sakae on Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:40 pm

Based on starting grid placement, Ferrari drivers were put on different race strategies, and therefore their pre-race agreement was, they will not race each other, but get out of the way, when they cross paths. Seb had nothing to loose, whereas Kimi was (in theory) battling Bottas (in fact I am not even certain if rules in effect actually permitted pit-wall to radio him "good news"). That explains why Vettel was so accommodating.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:06 pm

Sakae wrote:Based on starting grid placement, Ferrari drivers were put on different race strategies, and therefore their pre-race agreement was, they will not race each other, but get out of the way, when they cross paths. Seb had nothing to loose, whereas Kimi was (in theory) battling Bottas (in fact I am not even certain if rules in effect actually permitted pit-wall to radio him "good news"). That explains why Vettel was so accommodating.
Kimi didn't cared about media hyped "Duel-of-the-Finns".... or anyone else in P4 :roll:
Watch Kimi's face, around 6 minutes and 22 second mark, during the post race conference when asked about defeating Bottas :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZqItvffPSo

Kimi wanted to finish P3 or be ready to snatch P2....even the win the race outright if Mercedes Frenemys crash into each other :hit:

Seb starting from P17 meant 2016 season couldn't start soon enough for him :vettel:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:48 pm

Mach wrote:
Sakae wrote:Based on starting grid placement, Ferrari drivers were put on different race strategies, and therefore their pre-race agreement was, they will not race each other, but get out of the way, when they cross paths. Seb had nothing to loose, whereas Kimi was (in theory) battling Bottas (in fact I am not even certain if rules in effect actually permitted pit-wall to radio him "good news"). That explains why Vettel was so accommodating.
Kimi didn't cared about media hyped "Duel-of-the-Finns".... or anyone else in P4 :roll:
Watch Kimi's face, around 6 minutes and 22 second mark, during the post race conference when asked about defeating Bottas :roll:

Kimi wanted to finish P3 or be ready to snatch P2....even the win the race outright if Mercedes Frenemys crash into each other :hit:

Seb starting from P17 meant 2016 season couldn't start soon enough for him :vettel:
:clap:

I think Sebi started 15, rather than 17, but who cares, right? They both did well.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:59 am

It's not over yet. Technical report has not been completed because PU(s) on cars #44 and #5 remain in inspection, thus if FiA finds irregularities, race, if not a season, exclusion might potentially follow. I hope it will not go so far, but one never knows. Comparing technical checks by FiA between cars 44 and 5, after scanning the list, optics - rather than proper statistics- do suggest, that Ferrari #5 has been investigated to massively greater extend.
Sakae

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:49 am

Mach wrote:Watch Kimi's face, around 6 minutes and 22 second mark, during the post race conference when asked about defeating Bottas :roll:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: poor Kimi, always being dragged into this by the Bottas-appreciation-society, it must be very unpleasant for him, on the one hand Kimi doesn't come across as someone who cares about these media fuelled rivalries, on the other hand in his days he's been a great driver, being constantly compared to someone like Bottas must be very humiliating
Paolo 2

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:25 am

Today - 6 teams testing new tires for Pirelli. Only Ferrari, TR, and RBR have both their actively racing drivers on the grid. I guess others are busy with their Christmas shopping.
Sakae

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk