ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Abu Dhabi GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 Abu Dhabi GP

Postby Lyria on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:43 am

ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
Yas Marina

Race Date: 29 Nov 2015
First Grand Prix: 2009
Number of Laps: 55
Circuit Length: 5.554 km
Race Distance: 305.355 km
Lap Record: 1:40.279 - S Vettel (2009)

Pole 2014
Rosberg

Podium 2014
1st Hamilton
2nd Massa
3rd Bottas
Lyria

Re: 2015 Abu Dhabi GP

Postby Lyria on Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:47 am

It's the last race of the season already, where has this year gone?

Will Rosberg make it three out of three?
If he does how will that affect the dynamic between him and Hamilton for 2016?
Is there much point to this race?

I know some of the teams further down the grid are trying to secure their positions on the championship table as it affects the amount of cash they get next season, but you have to wonder how much motivation they have for races once the main titles are sewn up.

I am looking forward to it of course, it's the last chance to watch F1 for a few months and I do get this one live, even though it's not usually one of the more exciting tracks of the season.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:28 am

It's all out for everybody, however I have nagging feeling with exception of couple of cars which will be trying to salvage points for the team, most will focus on trying various solutions for NEXT race. Räikkönen and Bottas have of course some unfinished business to conclude.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Sakae wrote:Räikkönen and Bottas have of course some unfinished business to conclude.

Yea, who finished ahead may matter, as they may still be competing for the #2 Ferrari seat for 2017 (if Ferrari does not get Verstappen fever).
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Sakae wrote:Räikkönen and Bottas have of course some unfinished business to conclude.

Yea, who finished ahead may matter, as they may still be competing for the #2 Ferrari seat for 2017 (if Ferrari does not get Verstappen fever).

So long as they both finish and don't take one another out again :roll:

At least if this race gets boring we can watch the pretty lights change colour on the hotel as the cars go round :reallyevil:
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:17 pm

Lyria wrote:At least if this race gets boring we can watch the pretty lights change colour on the hotel as the cars go round :reallyevil:

It is a nice effect They should include one at every GP crcuit
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:36 am

As of yesterday there was no sign of the Lotus team in Abu Dhabi :confused: Their garage remained empty. I am assuming they will be there. After all aren't we supposed to get the big Renault is taking them over announcement this weekend? :roll:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:26 am

Hamilton: Car balance change has favoured Rosberg

Hmm yes, just ask certain unnamed ex-RBR driver how it felt in 2014.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:41 pm

Sakae wrote:
Hamilton: Car balance change has favoured Rosberg

Hmm yes, just ask certain unnamed ex-RBR driver how it felt in 2014.

+1 :thumbs:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:25 am

Courtesy of Mr. Saward

Me - Hand in hand, forward we go...

Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:36 pm

I wouldn't be so sure things are going that well with Messers Wolf and Lauda, they're not that close right now from what I've read :roll:

Ferrari screwed up, they thought Seb was safe and he so wasn't :yaynot: Sixteenth isn't so bad, he has done great comeback drives here before and it will be fun watching him cutting through the pack.

Another great effort by Rosberg, especially when you consider his engine is an old one and down on power. Perez did well to get on the second row as well, all power to him for his effort.

I am hoping for a good race tomorrow, it's the last one we're going to get for a while after all.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:03 pm

With Seb this is rather bizarre situation open to speculations, because he not under normal circumstances 2 secs off the pace on a leading car. Bad strategy call is as good explanation as any, however I do believe, if the race will end up Ferrari P3 and 4, they will keep Kimi ahead and Seb on defense. Now, after today, Seb will have his hands full to survive the field when going through. FI will be difficult to overtake. Ferrari had trouble with them already last time. I don't think it's podium finish for him tomorrow. (Some reports suggesting Seb lost power on his hot lap).
Sakae

Postby Mach on Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:03 pm

Lyria wrote:Ferrari screwed up, they thought Seb was safe and he so wasn't :yaynot: Sixteenth isn't so bad, he has done great comeback drives here before and it will be fun watching him cutting through the pack.

With the usual boring Mercedes 1 and 2 results race in and race out, I'm happy Ferrari got Qualy wrong. Watching Seb slice through the pack will prove to be entertaining. WDC and WCC are already decided and Seb as 3rd in WDC won't be compromised.

Hopefully Seb can make it up to P5 fighting Botas for P4. :reallyevil:

COME ON SEB!!!!!
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Willie Caja on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:13 pm

This time Pastor had nothing to do with his accident... :p
Nasr touched Alonso, and he collected Pastor.
"Okay Fernando, we are racing Massa behind to the end."
"I love your sense of humour!"
Willie Caja

Postby Sakae on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Congratulation all around to Ferrari for 2015. Seb was on reasonably good strategy, however when he caught up with Kimi, he was out of synch on rotation. I have no problem with Kimi being on podium; good for him. Post race interviews perhaps were better in media room. MV's lack of experience came through today. Too many contacts all around in this race for my taste. Williams (again) managed to screw their race. Bottas didn't have a chance.
It's over now, but Hamilton's post-race sour-face will keep me warm over long winter. Track is OK, and maybe better than some others.

Tomorrow - tires. Life goes on.
Sakae

Next

Return to Formula One Talk