ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Do Lewis and Mercedes Encourage Teamwork?

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Do Lewis and Mercedes Encourage Teamwork?

Postby Mach on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:02 pm

Do Lewis and Mercedes Encourage Teamwork? :shy:

If you say YES then surely you believe Mercedes executive will instruct Lewis to help Nico win Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi now the WDC and WCC are secured.

Lewis, in turn, will obey Mercedes executive request and fend off Seb, Kimi, Ricciardo et-al from getting higher than 3rd place.....the way Massa helped Kimi, Barrichello helped Michael, Fisichella helped Alonso, DC helped Mika and so on and so forth...

I say NO to Lewis and Mercedes support teamwork and expect Lewis to win the next 3 races :eerie: :vettel:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Re: Do Lewis and Mercedes Encourage Teamwork?

Postby Paolo 2 on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:58 am

I believe that both Lewis and Mercedes encourage teamwork from Nico, they expect him to stay behind Lewis and not to react if Lewis kicks Nico out of the track
Paolo 2

Postby Mach on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:58 am

:reallyevil:
Oh yeah...forgot about how teamwork already operates at Mercedes :hihi:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lawrence on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey, but it does encourage racing.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:38 am

You can't suppress the obvious forever:
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/545428/Jenson_Button_8216furious_about_Hamilton_dominance/
Welcome back, JB, it took a while to hear something sensible from you, but of course, I like it!
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:35 am

Honeymoon is over? I wonder why that would be. Maybe because one is stubborn, and second yielding in difficult situation?

...rumours have emerged that not all is well in the relationship between team boss Wolff and Lauda. After Mexico, as Lauda conducted interviews with the media, Wolff reportedly called off his post-race press duties and rushed out of the circuit. A Mercedes PR chief hinted at the discord by insisting that Lauda is not an official team spokesman.

“Sources have told The Times that Lauda is considering quitting the team, possibly as soon as the end of the season,” the London-based newspaper said. (GMM)

En savoir plus sur http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/11/03/like ... xPOTdxH.99
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:38 pm

Sakae wrote:You can't suppress the obvious forever:
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/545428/Jenson_Button_8216furious_about_Hamilton_dominance/
Welcome back, JB, it took a while to hear something sensible from you, but of course, I like it!

I like it too, and I also believe he's right.

Hamilton is good when his confidence is high and in a good car, put him on slightly shaky ground and he can tend to lose it big time. He's done it time and time again. Some drivers have the strong will and determination when times get tough and some don't I believe Hamilton is in the latter group of people, it's not a criticism of him, just an observation.
Lyria

Postby Paolo 2 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:52 pm

I think that we have to remember that no one is perfect and even F1 drivers are humans. Hamilton has been given an extraordinary talent and should be grateful for it, sadly IMHO he is extremely weak in terms of personality and therefore comes across as a bad loser and an even worse winner. I'm sure that he's a very nice guy but from the outside it looks to me as if he's quite uncomfortable with who he is when he compares himself with people like Nico and as a consequence he says very silly things (in order to try and weaken them even if it looks as if he's having the opposite effect). For that reason (and for what we had to witness last season :roll: ) I don't believe for a single second that Mercedes is letting Rosberg win now that the WDC is over as Hamilton suggested after Mexico, I'm convinced that especially after Spa last year Nico had to let Hamilton win. In a sense I can understand this, Hamilton is Mercedes lead guy, he costs them twice as much as Nico does, it's reasonable (for them) to prefer if it's Hamilton who wins, Mercedes is there to sell cars and if they think that Hamilton will help them sell more cars than Rosberg IMHO they are entitled to offer him preferential treatment. My only criticism to Mercedes is that they pretend that their two drivers are allowed to race each other when there is ample evidence to prove otherwise
Paolo 2

Postby Sakae on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 pm

Extended consideration then begs a question, whether Mercedes wil support their drivers in balance manner next year, when Hamilton will try to get fourth WDC. Hamilton is already talking to media that next year it will be just him and Vettel for the crown, and how he looks forward to it. We know where (mostly British) media stand, and it should not come as a surprise to anyone, if Nico is in his final year with Mercedes. He will be, IMO, for a though year, and not just because of his driving.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:21 am

Hamilton now got allegedly into Schumacher in disrespectful way, claiming that he has achieved his WDC only through his abilities, in contrast to Schumacher, thus his WDC(s) possess greater value. President of Schumacher's fan club recommended to Englishman turn his brain on before he speaks.
Sounds like Mercedes should rethink whom they do employ. I think they could easily find many on the grid for 1/3 price, and achieving the same with that car. Rosberg can take over on the fly, and without loss to the team at the front. I wonder how long a foreigner would last working for an American team, badmouthing an American icon.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/545539/Schumacher_fan_club_chief_tells_Hamilton_to_switch_on_brain/
Sakae

Postby Paolo 2 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:28 am

Sakae wrote:Hamilton now got allegedly into Schumacher in disrespectful way, claiming that he has achieved his WDC only through his abilities, in contrast to Schumacher, thus his WDC(s) possess greater value. President of Schumacher's fan club recommended to Englishman turn his brain on before he speaks.
Sounds like Mercedes should rethink whom they do employ. I think they could easily find many on the grid for 1/3 price, and achieving the same with that car. Rosberg can take over on the fly, and without loss to the team at the front. I wonder how long a foreigner would last working for an American team, badmouthing an American icon.

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/545539/Schumacher_fan_club_chief_tells_Hamilton_to_switch_on_brain/

It's not only that but last year I think that no one can dispute the fact that Rosberg had to let Hamilton through at Monza in the wake of what had happened at Spa :roll: and to my knowledge almost everyone in the paddock believes that last year Mercedes decided that the WDC had to go to Hamilton (if I remember correctly someone posted here an article by Nigel Roebuck along those lines)
Paolo 2

Postby Sakae on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:29 pm

F1i.com

We all noticed the same, but a few...
Coulthard quizzical about Mercedes' Rosberg celebration
XPB Images Looking back at Mercedes' post-race celebration of Nico Rosberg's victory in Mexico, David Coulthard is questioning the genuineness of the team's attitude. As an acute observer in the paddock, the former F1 driver and BBC consultant found the Mercedes' camp's cheering and acclaim of Rosberg somewhat odd given that he had never witnessed such a demonstrable outpour in favour of Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton's comments on Sunday after the race, when he hinted that Mercedes wanted to keep Rosberg 'happy', and therefore may have facilitated his win in the Mexican GP, have also left the Scot perplexed.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:28 am

Paolo 2 wrote:I think that we have to remember that no one is perfect and even F1 drivers are humans. Hamilton has been given an extraordinary talent and should be grateful for it, sadly IMHO he is extremely weak in terms of personality and therefore comes across as a bad loser and an even worse winner.
Kind of like Senna..... :hit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDIFRSLry8
Mach

Postby Sakae on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:25 am

Tears of joy to see this again.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Mach wrote:Kind of like Senna..... :hit:

Senna was the original xxxxxxx driver. Now there are so many that behave that way, that we forget what it used to be like.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Next

Return to Formula One Talk