ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 USA GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 USA GP

Postby Lyria on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:45 am

Race Date: 25 Oct 2015
Circuit Name: Circuit of The Americas
First Grand Prix: 2012
Number of Laps: 56
Circuit Length: 5.513 km
Race Distance: 308.405 km
Lap Record: 1:39.347 - S Vettel (2012)

2014 Pole
Rosberg

2014 Podium
1st Hamilton
2nd Rosberg
3rd Ricciardo
Lyria

Re: 2015 USA GP

Postby Lawrence on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 pm

You wonder if Bernie goes out of the way to make sure he says something negative about U.S. just before a U.S. grand prix. He has done this several times before. Seems to have an attitude. I don't think it is particularly clever marketing ploy.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:07 pm

GP247:
“At the moment nothing has been decided,” Marko, a leading Red Bull official, told Auto Bild Motorsport. But I hope that by the race in Austin, we know where we are going,” he added.

Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:53 am

Heavy rain and thunderstorms set for Friday and Saturday, but there is some debate about Sunday, some sites say thunderstorms, others say dry so take your pick. We all know how heavy rain can shake things up though.

Not that I'm going to get to watch the race properly, I only get delayed highlights so I probably won't see the race until Monday, by then I'll know the result so... :yaynot: :yaynot: It will be the same with Mexico as well :yaynot: :yaynot:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Sweet. Seb will get a new engine, and 10 places grid penalty. Epic confusion all over about the new stuff, and Ferrari keeps cards close to their chest. Kimi as well..? Nature of upgrades could use further clarification, assuming there are included, and it is not just a basic unit.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:43 pm

Sakae wrote:Sweet. Seb will get a new engine, and 10 places grid penalty. Epic confusion all over about the new stuff, and Ferrari keeps cards close to their chest. Kimi as well..? Nature of upgrades could use further clarification, assuming there are included, and it is not just a basic unit.

Yes, both Ferrari's will get the engine and the penalty. So Hamilton has an even greater chance of wrapping up the title this weekend. Saying that, he's not always that good in wet conditions so who knows?
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:08 pm

I love late season practices in the rain. That is when everyone who has something to prove decides to outdo their teammates (who are trying to make sure they don't bend the car). Lets look at the results:

1. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes GP 1:53.989 over 5. Lewis Hamilton Britain Mercedes GP 1:55.693 - something to prove

2. Daniil Kvyat Russia Red Bull-Renault 1:55.224 over 3. Daniel Ricciardo Australian Red Bull-Renault 1:55.592 - something to prove

4. Carlos Sainz Spain Toro Rosso-Renault 1:55.667 over 7. Max Verstappen Netherlands Toro Rosso-Renault 1:55.969 - something to prove

10. Valtteri Bottas Finland Williams-Mercedes 1:56.866 over 11. Felipe Massa Brazil Williams-Mercedes 1:57.081 - still trying to get that Ferrari seat.

16. Raffaele Marciello Italy Sauber-Ferrari 1:59.431 over 17. Marcus Ericsson Sweden Sauber-Ferrari 1:59.743 - who is Raffaele Marciello?

18. Alexander Rossi United States Marussia-Ferrari 2:01.154 over 19. Will Stevens Britain Marussia-Ferrari 2:01.907 - something to prove

Of course, there are some exceptions:
6. Sebastian Vettel Germany Ferrari 1:55.710 over 8. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Ferrari 1:56.326 - Kimi mysteriously never acts like he has something to prove

9. Fernando Alonso Spain McLaren-Honda 1:56.839 over 13. Jenson Button Britain McLaren-Honda 1:57.495 - I thought the new Honda was supposed to 2.5 seconds faster the old ancient one driven by Button.

12. Sergio Perez Mexico Force India-Mercedes 1:57.139 over 14. Nico Hulkenberg Germany Force India-Mercedes 1:57.518 - this has been going on for a while. Perez is really shaping up as a top notch driver.

15. Romain Grosjean France Lotus-Mercedes 1:58.319 over 20. Pastor Maldonado Venezuela Lotus-Mercedes No Time - well, "no time" is not that unusual for Maldonado.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lawrence on Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Lyria wrote:Yes, both Ferrari's will get the engine and the penalty. So Hamilton has an even greater chance of wrapping up the title this weekend. Saying that, he's not always that good in wet conditions so who knows?

Well, he can just tool around and get his second, but I don't think he will.
Lawrence

Postby Lawrence on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:35 pm

Maybe Hurricane season is not the best time to hold Grand Prixs in the southern US (or Mexico or Japan).
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:17 pm

F1, qualifications in Texas 2015
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 pm

Couple of notes on FP3

1. No one got electrocuted in the wet, which is good.
2. Not sure about McLaren - Alonso in P14 in wet, and that is suppose to be Honda's fault only?
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Scope of track position and timing data on my Pad has been dramatically reduced by the provider. I used to see for a few months a few screens of information in various reporting presentation, and now, without warning I do not get anything more what used to be on the notebook F1 official site all those years as free info. Just driver's position and lap time. Nothing more. I am not sure what I've paid for, but this is ridiculous. Charges were for full season of coverage, they had initially more than one months of various problems thus started late, and now they are playing games and deliver bare minimum (if one can all that)? Is this kind of treatment of customers actually legal in GB? Wow. That's that for me and no more purchases of any kind from F1.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:57 pm

Sebi, Da Man! Not much else to be said.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:05 am

Great drive by Seb as you rightly say Sakae. He showed what he was made of out there.

Have to say I was impressed by Rosberg for much of the race, sure he made a couple of errors but he fought back hard and passed Hamilton on track. That to me was important for him to be able to do, if not for this year but for next year. He knows he can do it now and that means a lot in his own mind I imagine.

Great drive by Verstappen I thought and Button did well to get points again, mind you that is his kind of race, a drying track and so on. Oh and a great move by Kimi to get the car out of the wall as he did, not that it helped really when he retired anyway but he wasn't giving up and being stuck there, no way!

All in all there was plenty of good action up and down the field and the championship is sewn up.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:58 am

Only what's left in remaining three races are some small fights for crumbs. Kimi is exposed to Williams, then DR, considering his wide shoulders and big words he likes to throw around for now is behind Russian rookie, and of course Seb will have difficulty to keep his P2 in WDC column, because gap to Mercedes is there, and it is not going to evaporate next month. The only hope we (Ferrari fans) have, that US was poor ground due to ambient conditions to really reveal how effective upgrades were, and hopefully they might help to keep Nico honest. I read, that Mexico might be now another race in the row with uncooperative weather.
Sakae

Next

Return to Formula One Talk