ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Russian Grand Prix

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2015 Russian Grand Prix

Postby Sakae on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 pm

FP2 - I have made my way to TV, only to see another wash out session. A few cars (about 5 or 6) executed a lap or two, and parked. In last minutes some came alive. How anyone can ask from track visitors to pay a single rupee for that is hard to understand. FP3 is going to be a guess game. A lot of lottery aspects in this series. Based on his FP1, looks like Sebi might be in his window, he was looking for.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Mach wrote:If...if...if...if :hihi:
Hamilton is the 2015 WDC

It ain't over until it's over. This is F1, anything can and usually does happen :p

I didn't see the practices, I was out this morning. I went into the next town to do some shopping, it's the first time I've been able to do that in 15 months so I was very happy.

I am hoping for a good quali and of course a good race :yay: I am hoping, it doesn't necessarily mean it will happen though :reallyevil:

Almost forgot, Merhi has a 10 place grid penalty due to an engine change and Alonso (so far) has a 35 place grid penalty. Guess who is going to be on the back row then :roll:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Kimi managed to get another speeding ticked for excessive driving in a pit lane. (I actually thought they had a limiter on the car which would take a care of it.)
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:45 am

Sakae wrote:Kimi managed to get another speeding ticked for excessive driving in a pit lane. (I actually thought they had a limiter on the car which would take a care of it.)

They do have a pit lane limiter, but you have to press the button before you cross the white line into the pit lane and disengage it after you've crossed another line the other end, I'm assuming Kimi was either too late in pressing said button, or he turned it off too soon.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:28 am

Lyria wrote:
Sakae wrote:Kimi managed to get another speeding ticked for excessive driving in a pit lane. (I actually thought they had a limiter on the car which would take a care of it.)

They do have a pit lane limiter, but you have to press the button before you cross the white line into the pit lane and disengage it after you've crossed another line the other end, I'm assuming Kimi was either too late in pressing said button, or he turned it off too soon.

...thus based on this incident in addition to other cases of recent past, that Kimi comes accross definitely as an anti-button guy? :)
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:32 am

Horrific crash for Sainz in FP3, he was said to be conscious and he gave a thumbs up as he was put in the ambulance and then later they airlifted him off to hospital. I hope he's okay. No one wants to see a crash like that.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:18 pm

Lyria wrote:Horrific crash for Sainz in FP3, he was said to be conscious and he gave a thumbs up as he was put in the ambulance and then later they airlifted him off to hospital. I hope he's okay. No one wants to see a crash like that.
It is a small miracle he has survived, and smiling. I have seen a replay, and as many others, I wonder why he lost it on braking. Could be loss of traction on slippery surface, but I would rather wait on official record on the incident.
Last edited by Sakae on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:22 pm

Quali - Ferrari has a car to do some damage on this track, but quali set up was either slightly flawed, or too conservative, since no useful data were collected in FP(s). Not a happy weekend so far, but race is won or lost tomorrow, as cliche goes.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:15 pm

It looks like the new Mercedes 2016 engine is now performing. They had time to spare and were not only notably faster than the Ferraris but also to the Williams (which I gather is running an engine one spec behind).
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Sainz is cleared by the stewards to race tomorrow if he gets the all clear from the doctors. He'll have to start from the pit lane though. He is keen to race, you can bet he'll be in the car if he gets his way!

Rosberg looked to have the measure of Hamilton today, I am sure Hamilton is expecting to take him on the first corner, I'm hoping if he tries it, Rosberg won't back out of it this time. If he doesn't stand up for himself and win it's over for him this season, probably for next season too.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Well, Hamilton could just coast to second for the rest of the races this season and win the World Championship, but that is not quite his style.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:53 am

Lawrence wrote:Well, Hamilton could just coast to second for the rest of the races this season and win the World Championship, but that is not quite his style.

True.

Sainz is out of hospital, a sore back and neck is all he's suffered and he's keen to drive. All he needs now is be signed off by the doctors as fit to race.
Lyria

Postby Lyria on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:23 am

Sainz passed fit by the medical team and Toro Rosso, so will be racing today. Good luck Carlos 8)
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Mercedes car defeated Vettel - again; so, what else is new?
Race 2 out of 10.
Misery index - attrition rate: 7 drivers out of 20, and in addition 2 drivers a lap or two down on a leader.

Subscribed iPad data services were provided only initially, and shortly in the race not at all (as several times this season). Invitations to purchase "advanced" services (which initially were promised free, and as part of my initial subscribtion) however were working perfectly, poping on my screen every few seconds. Is this Tata (Indian Co.) or FOM performance that we are experiencing?

Quality of tires will be the same for next a few years; it is not surprising, but rather sign of our times we live in.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:08 pm

Kimi 30 sec penalty, and the others drivers in races past (especially DR) nothing? Must be some flexible law FiA is practicing, and we don't know much about. Well, they managed after all to give Mercedes WCC in Sochi then. That's just great.
Sakae

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk