ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Italian GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 Italian GP

Postby Lyria on Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:41 am

Race Date: 06 Sep 2015
Circuit Name: Autodromo di Monza
First Grand Prix: 1950
Number of Laps: 53
Circuit Length: 5.793 km
Race Distance: 306.720 km

Pole 2014
Hamilton

Podium 2014
1st Hamilton
2nd Rosberg
3rd Massa
Lyria

Re: 2015 Italian GP

Postby Lyria on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:07 am

It's a girl!! Nico Rosberg's wife gave birth to a daughter yesterday afternoon, that means he can now concentrate on his racing again hopefully ;)

Congratulations to them of course, it's a wonderful time for any family. :yay: :clap: :dance:
Lyria

Postby Mach on Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Forza Ferrari!!!
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Driver's conference
https://youtu.be/6hrJ8Oq2kAA
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:26 pm

I did do a lap of the track on foot early one morning last month. First time there.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:35 am

Based on tabulated data alone, gap to Mercedes says it all. (1.6 sec in FP1 for third place, Sebastian).

FP2 - it's better Friday than two weeks ago, otherwise this is getting really predictable. FI has done nice job here today.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:41 am

Two points of interest from pre-race babble:

- Button might be retained for next year by McLaren
- Pirelli looks like will get a contract extension, assuming F1 let them perform testing on a track - condition they have

FP3 - regarding Vettel, suspence switch has been activated.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:23 pm

Congratulation to Kimi for P2 in qualifications; long deserved payback for all that rotten luck he had thus far. Seb is not too far behind (a sneeze), but I feel sorry for Nico Rosberg. The guy is really down on all fronts, including having to put up with an old engine. Mercedes is really treating him as the "other guy". (Just my feeling). Race is however tomorrow. I am also suspicious that Seb is not totally happy with his horse; can't put my finger on it. Sector 1 was not too good for him. Ferrari P2, P3 is what Tifosi must cherish today.

MV must had his MacDonald moment when his engine cover decided to fly on its own.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Good effort by Ferrari in quali. For those who think Rosberg is slow as his wife just had a baby, there is a news report that Vettel's partner Hanna also gave birth to another daughter this week, in fact they say it could be twins but Seb is so private no one is really sure. Good luck to them if that is true.

Lots of grid penalties this race then, it's a fight to be last ;)

Ericsson 3 places for impeding Hulkenberg
Kvyat 10 places engine change
Sainz 10 places engine change
Ricciardo 25 places various engine part changes
Button 25 places various engine part changes
Alonso 30 places various engine part changes

That will shake things up nicely.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:21 pm

Lyria wrote:For those who think Rosberg is slow as his wife just had a baby, there is a news report that Vettel's partner Hanna also gave birth to another daughter this week..

Well, he was out-qualified by Kimi for only the third time this season.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:31 pm

Seb's P3 has nothing to do with his newborn, I will place a bet on that. Difference to Kimi was 0,054 [sec]. It's not like there is 1,3 as it was to Merc in one point.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Race rating 5 out of 10.

Has anyone still doubts that Mercedes is controlling a gap with reserve to spare? I do not want to accuse them of deceiving us (on competitive level), but surely I would seriously consider it. As long as it is close, FiA continues to take a nap. Farce.
Seb almost lost his P2 to Rosberg, who had an old and re-used engine. 30 HP behind, Arai said? My foot. Mercedes might have also better energy recovery system, and together, unless some restrictions on development are removed, I do not expect miracles. Gap was built a lap after lap, and then controlled.

Honda is in DoDo land. I do not hold Arai responsible as much as the flawed regulatory system constricting development.

Was it Ricciardo who pushed Kimi off track? I got distracted and caught just glimpse of it, but I think it was him.Kimi had to take evasive move through side exit, and lost consequently track positions. That should have been penalty for RB IMO.

More action in the middle, than in the front.
Thanks Lord its over, the Start might have ended pretty nasty one.

Go Sebi!
Sakae

Postby Paolo 2 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Sakae wrote:Race rating 5 out of 10.

Has anyone still doubts that Mercedes is controlling a gap with reserve to spare?

Was it Ricciardo who pushed Kimi off track? I got distracted and caught just glimpse of it, but I think it was him.

I agree with the 5 out of 10 for the race, and I'm being generous because it's my home GP :roll:

No I don't have doubts that Mercedes have a much bigger margin than they generally show, but sometimes things can get difficult for them too

It was Sainz who was on the inside of Kimi, and he didn't push him wide, he gave him only the amount of space necessary for Kimi's car to remain on track, the problem is that Kimi couldn't (or wouldn't?) fight and so he ended up in that situation, I see no problem whatsoever with what Sainz did
Paolo 2

Postby Sakae on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Sebastian, as a racer, wanted to win a first corner, but since we all know race is not won on the first lap, seeing the proceedings, I think even if he came out on top in the first scrimmage, he would not had been able to hold Mercedes at bay. That race was lost even before lights went off.
Appropriate epithet from him during post-race conference:
SV: Well, it doesn’t change anything, emotions. I was second on the podium and that’s the emotions I got and I’m grateful for them. I had a great car today, not good enough to win but good enough to just finish second. (FIA)

And that's what happened, its over, and behind us.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:19 am

I simply don't understand how the stewards didn't penalise Mercedes for the wrong tyre pressure. It might not have changed the result fo the race but letting them get away with it seems wrong to me. Sure they say they followed the correct procedure, but it still remains that they're pressures were wrong and they got away with it. To me that is totally wrong.

As for the race, well it was an awful start by Kimi, he's lucky he didn't cause a major accident, he recovered well from it though. Good result for Vettel, he might have been under pressure from Rosberg until his car decided to cook itself. That was nasty.

I noticed that some of the crowd booed Hamilton on the podium. Two years ago they did that to Vettel, yet yesterday they loved him, shows how partisan and biased they can be in Monza doesn't it?
Lyria

Next

Return to Formula One Talk