ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Belgian GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 Belgian GP

Postby Lyria on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:54 am

Spa-Francorchamps
Race Date: 23 Aug 2015
Circuit Name: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
First Grand Prix: 1950
Number of Laps: 44
Circuit Length: 7.004 km
Race Distance: 308.052 km
Lap Record: 1:47.263 - S Vettel (2009)

Pole 2014
Rosberg

Result 2014
1st Ricciardo
2nd Rosberg
3rd Bottas
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Lyria on Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:58 am

I must admit I am always excited about this race, :yay: :dance: :dance2: :clap: :dance2: :dance: :yay: it's the one I most look forward to every year. If I could only watch race per season this would be my choice!!

It's a real track where the drivers can actually make a difference and the weather mix always adds to the fun as well. You can be a hero or a zero here and I love it. I know it's been changed somewhat and it's not as good as it used to be (always the way) but it's still the best track on the calendar in my opinion. I hope we get a great race, we usually do.

Will the Mercs still have the lead? Probably, but with the changes to the starting procedure I think we're going to find out who can really get a good drive off the line and who relies too much on the car doing it for them. Mercedes need to sort their starts out, that has let them down too many times in recent races.

Bring it on!!!
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:52 pm

Most opinions I have been exposed do suggest, that this racing season is over, unless Hamilton will mess it up again and have a nervous break down in the process. Much as it is not inconceivable, but I also think it is highly improbable nine times in succession since Rihanna might offer to hold his hands. Races, from now on, are then for WCC points from Ferrari downwards.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:50 am

Scuderia:
The Belgian race will actually mark Scuderia Ferrari’s 900th Grand Prix participation.

Impressive record that is.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:23 am

Lauda is quoted that Kimi's chances, after having won there four times, are as good in next race, as both of Mercedes drivers. Seb got lost somewhere in translation and totally forgotten (maybe ignored), but I would not write Vettel out of the contention as yet. He has won there twice, and his present form is not totally shabby either, yet still I think Mercedes PU holds upper hand. As long as equipment holds up, we could have an intresting race ahead.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:06 am

The press conference schedule is out:
http://www.formula1....---belgium.html

Thursday, August 20, 1500 hours local time
Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes), Kimi Raikkonen, Daniil Kvyat, Fernando Alonso, Max Verstappen, Will Stevens

Friday, August 21, 1600 hours local time
Paddy Lowe (Mercedes), Paul Monaghan (Red Bull), James Allison (Ferrari), Nick Chester (Lotus), Giampaolo Dall'Ara (Sauber), Andrew Green (Force India)



We can guess what kind of questions Kimi will get. Other than that we get measurement of happiness at McLaren, and even more irrelevant questions to rest of them.

Engineering staff - changes in specs - 2017 or 2018?
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:30 pm

Image
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/535317/Rosberg_hints_at_nonsense_in_Hamilton_lifestyle/

New corporate direction at Mercedes Benz? Something for all, young and old.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:43 am

Sakae wrote:Scuderia:
The Belgian race will actually mark Scuderia Ferrari’s 900th Grand Prix participation.

Impressive record that is.


I should have added when talking about round numbers, Spa will be Sebastian's 150th race during his tenure with F1.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Lyria on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:09 pm

I have to wonder how focused Nico Rosberg will be this weekend. Apparently his wife is close to giving birth, some people claim she's now overdue. If/when she goes into labour plans have been made to get Nico to her side. If it happens mid qualifying or mid race I'm guessing that won't be an option though.

Full story : http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31669.html
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Lyria on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Sakae wrote:
Sakae wrote:Scuderia:
The Belgian race will actually mark Scuderia Ferrari’s 900th Grand Prix participation.

Impressive record that is.


I should have added when talking about round numbers, Spa will be Sebastian's 150th race during his tenure with F1.


Wow, so this race is a big deal for both Ferrari and Vettel. It's also a track Kimi goes well at as a rule, so maybe it will be a good weekend for them, I hope so.
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:01 pm

Lyria wrote:I have to wonder how focused Nico Rosberg will be this weekend. Apparently his wife is close to giving birth, some people claim she's now overdue. If/when she goes into labour plans have been made to get Nico to her side. If it happens mid qualifying or mid race I'm guessing that won't be an option though.

Full story : http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31669.html


I am not sure how to interpret what Wolff said, namely, Nico will leave as soon as it starts or something to that effect, which begs the unthinkable - is he going to race this weekend at all?
When the baby comes, Nico may fly back immediately."

Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Lyria on Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Sakae wrote:
Lyria wrote:I have to wonder how focused Nico Rosberg will be this weekend. Apparently his wife is close to giving birth, some people claim she's now overdue. If/when she goes into labour plans have been made to get Nico to her side. If it happens mid qualifying or mid race I'm guessing that won't be an option though.

Full story : http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns31669.html


I am not sure how to interpret what Wolff said, namely, Nico will leave as soon as it starts or something to that effect, which begs the unthinkable - is he going to race this weekend at all?
When the baby comes, Nico may fly back immediately."



It does sound like he could up and leave at any moment, but surely Mercedes wouldn't let him go and leave only one car in the race would they? :eh:
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Sakae on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:10 pm

Yeah, I am not convinced that Rosberg would want to let a reserve driver to hop in, and consequently give up championship points. The statement from Wolff is however ambiguous, no doubt about it.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Willie Caja on Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:47 am

Pastor has crashed again... :loser:

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Also, I like this new site: http://maldonadopenaltycounter.com/

And something tells me this one won't change much in the future... http://hasmclarenhondawonyet.com/ :p
"Okay Fernando, we are racing Massa behind to the end."
"I love your sense of humour!"
User avatar
Willie Caja
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:01 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: 2015 Belgian GP

Postby Lyria on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Willie Caja wrote:Pastor has crashed again... :loser:


Yeah, he's known a Crashtor Maldonado for a reason in my house ;)

Willie Caja wrote:http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

Also, I like this new site: http://maldonadopenaltycounter.com/

And something tells me this one won't change much in the future... http://hasmclarenhondawonyet.com/ :p


The Maldonado sites are funny and he's brought it on himself. The McLaren one? Well they might win this weekend, I wouldn't bet on it though, but this is F1 'anything can and usually does happen' as dear old Murray used to say.
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Next

Return to Formula One Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Copyright 1988-2011, Inside F1, Inc.