ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Hungarian GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:46 pm

With respect to DR, he could, should, would, but at the end when chips fallen down, he didn't. Tomorrow is another day. Check Vettel's comments on Ferrari web site, how - IMHO -grown men speak without making rancorous put-downs of opponents abilities.

Sebastian Vettel: “We had a great recovery from a bad day yesterday. For sure it was not easy to catch up, but all in all I’m proud that we stayed calm, improved the car and had a good turnaround from yesterday, with an optimum result. We know it will be tight tomorrow, but we’ll give our maximum. Remaining realistic, Mercedes is very strong and it would be very tough to beat them, but we also have to look behind us, at teams like Red Bull and Williams which are very strong. Red Bull in particular had a very good Friday but we still managed to out-qualify them today, which showed that we are quicker.”
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:55 pm

Not sure what DR said that you are so up-in-arms about. Here is the quote I found:

"I think we've a chance, I do," Ricciardo told Motorsport.com.

"[Ferrari] were a long way off the pace yesterday, in low and high fuel, so it's really hard to assess where they are. Obviously they showed a lot more speed today.

"Our long run-pace yesterday was pretty handy so I'm confident we can nail them tomorrow. I think the race will be strong for us."

As for his own performance in qualifying, Ricciardo said he was happy with it but did think his lap had secured him a top-three slot.

"I was really happy with the session, to be honest.

"It was really close and I thought the lap was good enough, I was expecting my engineer to say I'd got top-three. But it was half a tenth to Seb.

"Obviously we've had a few problems this weekend, but as a team it's been our most solid so far."


Not sure this is from the same interview I saw. I recall nothing extra-ordinary about his interview on American TV other you could see he was really upbeat and in a good mood.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
User avatar
Lawrence
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10465
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:01 am
Location: United States --- Washington DC

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:39 pm

Hungarian network went all out to cover the event thoroughly. After all, state (and therefore taxpayers, including innocent bystanders), are paying for that into somebody's coffers.
German network learned from Hungarians covering paddock, while everyone was gone after qualifications but mechanics on overnight shift, Vettel was the only driver around keeping them company, and for all what was said, he might be there even at this hour.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Lawrence wrote:... He (DR) is clearly not intimated by Vettel.
Well, maybe he should had been.

Finger is back? To say that "I am delighted", is just too poor way of expressing how I feel today. Thanks Seb, it feels gooood!



I have never ever heard anyone to engage in as much whining during a race, as Hamilton today. But that's perhaps a topic for another day.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Bourbon on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Brilliant drive for Sebastian! Just beautiful! :beer:

Kimi had a perfect position 2 - and so sad that his car gave out today of all days! It would have been a brilliant 1-2 - blast! But Spa is coming up so high hopes for a great race from him there.

Kvyat - what a great drive. Glad he learned to never give up because he went from hopeless down out of the points to #2! Just brilliant.

Ricciardo did great to get 3rd after all the crashing incidents he had. I think he had 4 collisions and I wasn't impressed with the move on Rosberg which took them both out, but good work to hang in there for 3rd in the end.
User avatar
Bourbon
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:16 am

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:09 pm

This one is for the books - Sebastian in today's race:
Image
:rotflmao:
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Lyria on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Great drive by Seb, he controlled the race and was doing really well and then sadly we got the safety car which bunched them all up and undid all his good work. Thankfully he managed to carry on the good work and took the win for Ferrari :yay: :yay: :yay: Poor Kimi, he was going well until the car gave out on him, nothing he could do sadly, he hadn't put a wheel wrong before that.

Ricciardo drove well, but the incident between him and Rosberg was a shame. Maldonado, how many penalties did he get? That was a nasty crash for Hulkenberg, they need to sort out why that car keeps on failing, that's not good. Bad race for Hamilton, some of it was just unlucky, other parts I'd say were his fault. The Williams were both dire today one way and another, not at all what I expected but a good day for both Red Bull and McLaren, both drivers in the points :eek: who would have predicted that? I am sure they will be pleased with that result. When they had the chance, they certainly made the most of it.
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Bourbon wrote:Brilliant drive for Sebastian! Just beautiful! :beer:

Kimi had a perfect position 2 - and so sad that his car gave out today of all days! It would have been a brilliant 1-2 - blast! But Spa is coming up so high hopes for a great race from him there.

Kvyat - what a great drive. Glad he learned to never give up because he went from hopeless down out of the points to #2! Just brilliant.

Ricciardo did great to get 3rd after all the crashing incidents he had. I think he had 4 collisions and I wasn't impressed with the move on Rosberg which took them both out, but good work to hang in there for 3rd in the end.
Rocket like Start, and race speed, compared to the previous race - where they were hiding all of that? I thought RB will have a superior Start, but I am glad my concerns were taken care off as they have.

Sebastian's victory 41st = Senna
Next are Alain, and Michael.
All three are my favorites.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Pre-race:
“The gap that he (Hamilton) has on this track is light years in formula one,” Mercedes team chairman Niki Lauda said.


Torger Wolff's assertion of the race: "Ferrari won, because they had fastest car".

Mighty big compliment to Scuderia, but errr, say whut? Ferrari driver obviously had nothing to do with it, but how about our (Mercedes) boys when they are put under the squeeze? Suddenly AMG rocket ship has wheels coming off?
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Lawrence on Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Sakae wrote:
Lawrence wrote:... He (DR) is clearly not intimated by Vettel.
Well, maybe he should had been.


Actually, DR indicated in a post-race interview that he thought he could have caught Vettel. Would DR have won the race if he had not lost his wing to Rosberg? It was getting pretty interesting.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
User avatar
Lawrence
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10465
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:01 am
Location: United States --- Washington DC

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Mach on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:37 am

Seb was awesome.
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
User avatar
Mach
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:47 am

Lawrence wrote:
Sakae wrote:
Lawrence wrote:... He (DR) is clearly not intimated by Vettel.
Well, maybe he should had been.


Actually, DR indicated in a post-race interview that he thought he could have caught Vettel. Would DR have won the race if he had not lost his wing to Rosberg? It was getting pretty interesting.
Yes, I notice he talks big. Could, would, should is a path full of good intentions and promises. Fact however remains, in Hungary 2015 he has been defeated fair and square, despite all his whining on the radio, pleading for team orders. Whatever all reasons were for his end-position, we know for fact, that one of those has name Vettel, and second apple in his eye was Kvyat. Third one might have been Räikkönen, therefore one can think that Ricciardo was actually lucky to be on the podium at all.

BTW, is it time to start counting his "racing related" collisions? If it would had been someone else, like Grosjean, all h*** would have gotten loose in media. There was racing incident in Monaco with not all in agreement it was too smart move, now this race, and any comments from him we heard of a kind - I thought I had more room suggest, that he has some growing up to do.
Last edited by Sakae on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:31 am

We should take a notice of post-race conference, in which all three drivers complimented, and thanking to Dr. Marko. Ricciardo said, "he is like a farther to me", whilst Seb admitted, they still stay in touch with each other after switching teams. This is in contrast to, now perhaps getting more and more isolated, comments we got from Webber about the man, which media were so keen to headline.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae
 
Posts: 3944
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 pm
Location: EU

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Paolo 2 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:53 am

what an eventful race, I really enjoed it. I'd say that the theme of the race was how poorly the Mercedes drives performed yesterday

Vettel - a great drive by him, he won the race, not his Ferrari. The car seemed ok but Vettel pushed throught the race and kept his cool when the Sc came out and put him in a very difficult situation since he was on the harder compound and some of the cars around where on the softer one. Still he didn't put a foot wrong. Good for him

Kvyat - I'm glad that he finished 2nd, I think that he deserved some luck, yesterday he drove very well, I'm not 100% convinced that it was necessary or advisable to hand him a 10 seconds penalty as it looked to me as if he was forced off the track and there he found a much slower car and being paid to race he took his chance. I must say that I wasn't impressed when the team asked to let his team mate through so early in the race

Ricciardo - I'm grateful that he's there and it's always a pleasure to watch him race and I'm grateful that he tried a move on Rosberg even if it was impossible for him to pass, having said that I think that yesterday he made a significant mistake with Rosberg, he tried to pass him under braking and had Rosberg not realised that Ricciardo was not going to make it to the apex they would have gone both out, then when on the exit he didn't give an inch to Rosberg who was only "guilty" of avoiding an accident and taking the racing line (and covering the inside into turn 2). IMHO Ricciardo was wrong, he had made a mistake and he can't expect his opponets to let him trough only because he made a mistake, the mistake was his problem, not Rosberg's, so IMHO Rosberg had any right to take the racing line and cover for turn 2

Verstappen - I guess that he drove well, he didn't seem as strong as on other occasions. I think that Sainz has any reason in the world to feel angry with his team, Verstappen has to earn his position on track not thanks to the team treating him in a favorable way

Alonso - wow, when he's got a chance he takes it, yesterday he really worked for his points. Let's hope that Honda can bring a decent engine to Spa because it's a shame to waste such a talent as Alonso's. IMHO he's the most committed (and professional, but I know that some of you won't agree with that view) driver in the whole grid together with Vettel.

Hamilton - :eek: :eek: :eek: what happened? how could he get a race so wrong? someone with his talent should do more, as soon as the Ferraris (and Rosberg, let's not forget it) passed him at the start he seemed to lose the plot. He made so many mistakes that I can't quite believe it. The incident with Rosberg was his fault, Rosberg had no influence in that, and he shouldn't keep on crying that it's Rosberg's fault any time things don't work out for him. then he barged onto Ricciardo and luckily he had the sense to admit that it was his fault. On occasion he showed some speed but with that car it's amazing that he couldn't be a second quicker than the Ferraris. Let us also not forget that when he tried to close in on Rosberg he couldn't go any faster than his team mate. I really wonder what was the problem because IMHO yesterday he had everything going his way even after his first accident, IMHo someone with his speed and his car could still have won the race. In the end he was very lucky

Grosjean - I can't quite say much about him other than I hope that Renault buys Lotus

Rosberg - :eek: :eek: :eek: I'm speachless, such a poor performance from him, he lost ages to both Ferraris before the SC (despite having the faster car), he couldn't challenge Vettel who was obviously not having a great time with the primes after the SC, and he didn't defend "aggresively" from Ricciardo: what on earth was going on???

Raikkonen - I really feel sorry for him because yesterday he deserved that second place, fair and square, it's a pity that the car let him down

Ferrari - let's see what happens in Spa and Monza, IMHO it was more the mistakes of the Mercedes duo and Vettel's great drive that handed them the win, their car wasn't particularly strong on the primes, they still have much work to be done before they can equal Mercedes

Mercedes - they need some counselling for their drivers, one looks like a beaten man and the other is so weak physiologically that it almost beggars belief

Red Bull - what a chassis, they could keep very close to the apex on the last turn and save scores of time, other than that they just proved to anyone that the weak link is the engine...
Paolo 2
 
Posts: 2030
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Lyria on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:11 pm

As always I enjoyed reading your race round up and agree with pretty much everything you say.

We've seen Hamilton crumble before, sometimes he seems strong and others he loses it when something goes wrong. That's the first time this year I recall him doing that, but he did it a lot early in his career, or so it seemed to me. How he still managed to gain extra points on Rosberg I have no idea, that was pure luck.

Vettel didn't have a race winning car but he won the race. Kimi is supposed to be equally as fast as him, and I know he was in the dirty air which makes a lot of difference but he didn't look like getting close to his team mate yesterday.

Rosberg had a nightmare but then again last year Mercedes didn't have a great race in Hungary either. Much like Austria this circuit doesn't seem to suit them for some reason, I'm not sure why.

I thought Red Bull was unfair making the call to Kvyat so early in the race to let Ricciardo through. I was glad he got the podium and ahead of Ricciardo too, though he didn't exactly look thrilled to be there somehow. Whether that is his demeanour or the emotion of the last week I don't know.

One last thought, I loved that Vettel dedicated the win to Jules Bianchi, he even managed to say it in French too, that was a special moment for me. Oh and the finger being back was good, I've missed that 8)
User avatar
Lyria
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 17749
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:01 am
Location: England

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Copyright 1988-2011, Inside F1, Inc.