ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

2015 Hungarian GP

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Lyria on Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Hungaroring

First Grand Prix 1986

Number of Laps 70

Circuit Length 4.381KM

Race Distance 306.63KM

Lap Record 1:19.071 by Michael Schumacher (2004)

Pole 2014

Rosberg

Podium 2014

1st Ricciardo
2nd Alonso
3rd Hamilton

I think this race is going to be a sombre affair given what happened last weekend with Jules Bianchi. I have heard both that the FIA are retiring his number 17 as a mark of respect and also that there is likely to be a minute of silence with the drivers on the grid.

Now last year the Mercedes boys didn't have it all their own way. You have to wonder if they will be beaten again this year here. I am guessing they're going to be stronger and harder to beat this time around but if they can be both Ferrari and Williams will be there ready to pounce, you can bet on that.
Lyria

Re: 2015 Hungarian GP

Postby Sakae on Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Allison is at Ferrari for nearly two years now, with a lot to say over a year, thus my expectations are high in this mid year race, and going onwards. No more excuses, otherwise one could easily conclude that he is a wrong man for the job. Some pretty expensive toys for him to use are there, therefore some good results of his technical leadership showing in car performance will be nice to see. One or two more victories were promised, after all.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:25 am

FP1 - Kimi lost a wing going over kerbs, Seb car had an electrical issue. (Source - Ferrari).

One must "love" following headlines:

Rosberg - I have my usual brake problems.
Hamilton - we do not have any brake problems.
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Nasty crash for Perez in FP1, he was lucky to walk away from that after the car flipped over. The rear suspension broke when he went over a kerb. Force India say they won't have his car fixed in time for FP2 and they're also saying they probably won't let Hulkenberg take his car out until they've figured out what caused the issue for Perez. Makes sense to me.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:03 pm

Lyria wrote:Nasty crash for Perez in FP1, he was lucky to walk away from that after the car flipped over. The rear suspension broke when he went over a kerb. Force India say they won't have his car fixed in time for FP2 and they're also saying they probably won't let Hulkenberg take his car out until they've figured out what caused the issue for Perez. Makes sense to me.
:thumbs:
Sakae

Postby f1datavis on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Lyria wrote:Nasty crash for Perez in FP1, he was lucky to walk away from that after the car flipped over. The rear suspension broke when he went over a kerb. Force India say they won't have his car fixed in time for FP2 and they're also saying they probably won't let Hulkenberg take his car out until they've figured out what caused the issue for Perez. Makes sense to me.

Yeah makes sense. No apparent weird loading, implies a failure inside design envelope. Park it till you find out why.
f1datavis

Postby f1datavis on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Sakae wrote:Allison is at Ferrari for nearly two years now, with a lot to say over a year, thus my expectations are high in this mid year race, and going onwards. No more excuses, otherwise one could easily conclude that he is a wrong man for the job. Some pretty expensive toys for him to use are there, therefore some good results of his technical leadership showing in car performance will be nice to see. One or two more victories were promised, after all.

This is probably not the track to assess the Ferrari on. RB\TR maybe hot.
f1datavis

Postby Sakae on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:02 pm

At some point track surface temperature crossed 50deg. Celsius mark, but then, it was the same for everyone. I am still trying to understand situation with tires; their side loading in such temperatures could promise some nasty blow ups on Sunday.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Looks like we're in for another boring Mercedes dominate weekend.
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:27 pm

The practice times look a little mixed up, especially the third practice. No Williams in the top ten.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:44 pm

McLaren's iconic relationship is done for today.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:19 pm

I find pleasing to watch Sebastian at work. All in all, good stuff on his part, as true, more competitive and naked racing is outside of Mercedes world. Ricciardo is already bragging how he will "nail" Vettel tommorrow, so we will have to wait. Ferrari was slow at the start last time, that's a concern, but making pompous speeches could be little premature.
Last edited by Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Like the confident and upbeat DR interview. Good to have him back. He is a racer.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:54 pm

Then we are opposite. I detest this kind of remarks, and prefer quiet, assured stand of a man, rather than high-school yapping. RBR might have traditionally a better start, but that has very little to do with DR, but more with his car, yet I still prefer to wait and see how race will develop.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:34 pm

He seemed perfectly nice and reasonable to me. In the interview I saw he said if he could get past Vettel at the start, he could probably hold onto the position. Considering that his qualifying time was almost the same as Vettels and the Red Bulls have looked good on the long run, it seems like a reasonable assessment.

But he is definitely shooting for 3rd tomorrow and thinks he can do it. He is clearly not intimated by Vettel.
Lawrence

Next

Return to Formula One Talk