ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Provisional Calendar 2016

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Provisional Calendar 2016

Postby Sakae on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:47 pm

So, we all agree (but Ecclestone)
like Mercedes and Ferrari earlier this week – McLaren-Honda’s Button is also expressing concern about the unprecedentedly-long, 21-race calendar for 2016.

I think it is difficult for any mechanic or engineer to have a relationship right now,” the Briton is quoted by the Daily Express. “So having 21 races is very tough and for those guys it is not going to be easy.”
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Mach on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:47 pm

F1 teams need to look at "Rock Star groups" venue hopping model. Rolling Stones and U2 have multiple setup/tear-down teams leapfrogging each other throughout their respective tours.
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Mach wrote:F1 teams need to look at "Rock Star groups" venue hopping model. Rolling Stones and U2 have multiple setup/tear-down teams leapfrogging each other throughout their respective tours.

They know that, but who is suppose to pay for it? 21 races per season is not in current agreement teams have (19 is max), and I strongly suspect that Ecclestone is setting some promoters for a fall. He is already being quoted that there will be (maybe) a race in Germany, despite that they do not have a good contract, whatever that actually means, and there could be some more tracks that will be dropped at his whims.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:34 pm

The teams pay for it.....like they always do
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:43 pm

Associated Press
Hockenheim has a contract for next year. "
That doesn't make a difference" Ecclestone said. "A lot of people have a contract.

With respect to BBC - Eccl.
They just cannot walk away from it. They have a contract!
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 am

2016-01-15
Due date for submission to FiA/FOM of Proposed Cost Cutting Measures undertaken by Engine Manufacturers as goodwill gesture for good of the sport.

2016-01-31
Due date for FiA/FOM to reveal a plan authored by sport governing bodies of their cost cutting measures. It has not been clarified whether said plan will be tabled as a proposal for discussion with teams, incorporating any or all of suggestions of Jan 15, or it will impose upon teams totally a different set of rules under mandate of governing bodies. The proposal might include new directions of PU technology in fortcoming years.

RBR and Morcedes are at odds over aero design for 2017. Newey wants F1 return to aero dominance, and more downforce, many others however are opposing. (FiA farmed out aero proposal changes to RBR).

2016-01
Renault is to reveal managment structure of the F1 team, and name their drivers.

2016-03-20
Race 1, Australia[/quote]
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:10 pm

The BBC have annnounced that they have given up the contract to show F1. However Channel 4 have taken it up and will be showing the same 10 live races and extended highlights of all races. So I'm happy with that, especially since they're saying no ad breaks during the races :yay: :yay:

I wonder who they they will get to host it and who will commentate. I'd like to think DC would go there!!
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Lyria wrote:The BBC have annnounced that they have given up the contract to show F1. However Channel 4 have taken it up and will be showing the same 10 live races and extended highlights of all races. So I'm happy with that, especially since they're saying no ad breaks during the races :yay: :yay:

I wonder who they they will get to host it and who will commentate. I'd like to think DC would go there!!
Nice Christmas present for you Lyria. Congratulations.
S.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:20 pm

Mach wrote:F1 teams need to look at "Rock Star groups" venue hopping model. Rolling Stones and U2 have multiple setup/tear-down teams leapfrogging each other throughout their respective tours.

I can see the headlines now...."F1 emulates Keith Richards"
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Sakae wrote:
Lyria wrote:The BBC have annnounced that they have given up the contract to show F1. However Channel 4 have taken it up and will be showing the same 10 live races and extended highlights of all races. So I'm happy with that, especially since they're saying no ad breaks during the races :yay: :yay:

Nice Christmas present for you Lyria. Congratulations.
S.

Thank you Sakae :x I was getting worried and thinking F1 was going to disappear from my screen. This deal means I should get it for the next three years at least which is good to know 8)
Lyria

Postby Mach on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:49 pm

What about Button with DC in 2017????
Mach

Postby Mach on Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:54 pm

Lawrence wrote:

I can see the headlines now...."F1 emulates Keith Richards"
LOL....would be cool to see Keith drive ‘Blue Lena’ around Silverstone
Mach

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:36 am

2016-01-15
Due date for submission to FiA/FOM of Proposed Cost Cutting Measures undertaken by Engine Manufacturers as goodwill gesture for good of the sport.

2016-01-31
Due date for FiA/FOM to reveal a plan authored by sport governing bodies of their cost cutting measures. It has not been clarified whether said plan will be tabled as a proposal for discussion with teams, incorporating any or all of suggestions of Jan 15, or it will impose upon teams totally a different set of rules under mandate of governing bodies. The proposal might include new directions of PU technology in fortcoming years.
RBR and Morcedes are meanwhile at odds over aero design for 2017. Newey wants F1 return to aero dominance, and more downforce, many others however are opposing. (FiA farmed out aero proposal changes to RBR).

2016-02 (that's a correction on timing)
Renault is to reveal managment structure of the F1 team, and name their drivers.
"The new team name, full management structure, team partners and other details will be announced during an event to be held in Paris in February."

2016-03-20
Race 1, Australia
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:52 pm

Mach wrote:

There is talk of them employing DC :yay: When F1 went from ITV to the BBC Martin Brundle followed them over so it's looking promising. I hope they don't take Eddie Jordan though, I'd quite like to get rid of him ;) Jenson would be a good fit if he doesn't go off and do Top Gear, I can't see the BBC wanting to share him in that way.
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:30 pm

Lyria wrote:
Mach wrote:

There is talk of them employing DC :yay: When F1 went from ITV to the BBC Martin Brundle followed them over so it's looking promising. I hope they don't take Eddie Jordan though, I'd quite like to get rid of him ;) Jenson would be a good fit if he doesn't go off and do Top Gear, I can't see the BBC wanting to share him in that way.
Agree about E. Jordan. I am under impression that Button wants to continue in 2017 with F1, unless there is a better offer outside of F1 which he cannot refuse, because it shall guarantee him next several years of good income, whereas F1 probably will not beyond 2017.
Sakae

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk