ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Provisional Calendar 2016

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Provisional Calendar 2016

Postby Lyria on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:32 pm

pob wrote:
Lyria wrote:
pob wrote:You just have to point a satellite dish at the right place in the sky, I've thought about doing it myself for the races where BBC only have highlights.

Surely if it was that simple everyone would be doing it, why would anyone pay? :confused:

When BBC sold out, there was lots of talk about it on the various forums I frequent, but I think most people either eventually forked the money out for SkyF1 or stream it instead (legally or illegally). In your case, I think it'd be worth it if you don't mind 5live commentary.

Streaming means watching online though, right? I can't do that sadly due to health issues. I can only be on a computer a very limited amount of time which is why sometimes I can get here and sometimes I have to get off before I ever manage to get here.
Lyria

Postby pob on Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:54 pm

Lyria wrote:
pob wrote:"You just have to point a satellite dish at the right place in the sky, I've thought about doing it myself for the races where BBC only have highlights."

"Surely if it was that simple everyone would be doing it, why would anyone pay? :confused:"

When BBC sold out, there was lots of talk about it on the various forums I frequent, but I think most people either eventually forked the money out for SkyF1 or stream it instead (legally or illegally). In your case, I think it'd be worth it if you don't mind 5live commentary.

Streaming means watching online though, right? I can't do that sadly due to health issues. I can only be on a computer a very limited amount of time which is why sometimes I can get here and sometimes I have to get off before I ever manage to get here.

I meant getting a foreign channel via satellite would be worth it in your case. Then it'd be on your normal TV so no health issues. :thumbs:

Why aren't you playing for grandprix in the interforum league?
pob

Postby Lyria on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:38 am

pob wrote:
I meant getting a foreign channel via satellite would be worth it in your case. Then it'd be on your normal TV so no health issues. :thumbs:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Loving the Christmas list!! That's not quite what I'd ask for, but you're close ;)

Ta for explaining that. I might look into the whole satellite thing if the BBC do give F1 up, unless it goes to another non paying channel of course. I appreciate the advice :thumbs:
Lyria

Postby Mach on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:49 pm

My 3 Christmas wishes for 2016 season are;
1. Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren/Honda be within 1/10th of a second of each other regardless of Free Practice or Qualifying
2. Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren/Honda be within 1/100th of a second of each other on Race day
3. Renault to join Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren/Honda battle in above #1 and #2
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lyria on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:52 am

Here is the fully ratified calendar for 2016, it does feature 21 races though the USA race isn't confirmed yet.

March 20 - Australia
April 3 - Bahrain
April 17 - China
May 1 - Sochi
May 15 - Spain
May 29 - Monaco
June 12 - Canada
June 19 - Baku*
July 3 - Austria
July 10 - Great Britain
July 24 - Hungary
July 31 - Germany
August 28 - Belgium
September 4 - Italy
September 18 - Singapore
October 2 - Malaysia
October 9 - Japan
October 23 - USA**
October 30 - Mexico
November 13 - Brazil
November 27 - Abu Dhabi

*race start to be scheduled to avoid conflict with the conclusion of the 24 Hours of Le Mans
**subject to agreement with the promoter and the ASN
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:54 am

Lyria, I am having difficulty with understanding how a such scheduling commitment could be managed without increased expenses, and decreased quality of a product on the track. People need time to re-group, and correct wherever correction is required, but when they are going to do that without additional resources applied upon expanded scope of committment is something which baffles me. I thought everyone is looking for cutting back, not spending more. What I fear is, that money will be reallocated from car development towards activities which really do not improve the show, but just cover travelling.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lyria on Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:15 pm

Sakae wrote:Lyria, I am having difficulty with understanding how a such scheduling commitment could be managed without increased expenses, and decreased quality of a product on the track. People need time to re-group, and correct wherever correction is required, but when they are going to do that without additional resources applied upon expanded scope of committment is something which baffles me. I thought everyone is looking for cutting back, not spending more. What I fear is, that money will be reallocated from car development towards activities which really do not improve the show, but just cover travelling.

I quite agree with you Sakae, it's a stupid calendar, but that is what has been agreed apparently. Not only are they going to be travelling backwards and forwards around the world which is costly in both time and money for all of the teams and not exactly environmentally friendly either. How on Earth are they going to race in Canada on 12th June and then be in Azerbaijan just one week later? That to me seems utterly ridiculous.

Saying that I also don't understand how they can put out a calendar with 21 races on it when they agreed not to go above 20. Somehow and somewhere I can see this changing yet or else there will be trouble with the teams, and rightly so.
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Good vacation combos might be:

1. May 15 - Spain then May 29 - Monaco
2. July 3 - Austria then July 10 - Great Britain
3. July 24 - Hungary then July 31 - Germany
4. August 28 - Belgium then September 4 - Italy
5. October 2 - Malaysia then October 9 - Japan
5. October 23 - USA** then October 30 - Mexico
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:41 am

Lyria wrote:Here is the fully ratified calendar for 2016, it does feature 21 races though the USA race isn't confirmed yet.

March 20 - Australia
April 3 - Bahrain
April 17 - China
May 1 - Sochi
May 15 - Spain
May 29 - Monaco
June 12 - Canada
June 19 - Baku*
July 3 - Austria
July 10 - Great Britain
July 24 - Hungary
July 31 - Germany
August 28 - Belgium
September 4 - Italy
September 18 - Singapore
October 2 - Malaysia
October 9 - Japan
October 23 - USA**
October 30 - Mexico
November 13 - Brazil
November 27 - Abu Dhabi

*race start to be scheduled to avoid conflict with the conclusion of the 24 Hours of Le Mans
**subject to agreement with the promoter and the ASN

Ecclestone was requested (media) to confirm the German GP next year, and he has refused, specificaly, "I do not know" was reportedly his answer. What the hek..? I thought there is a contract in place for this year.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:20 pm

2015-12-17
Teams to nominate tire choices for 1st race in Australia.

2016-01-15
Due date for submission to FiA/FOM of Proposed Cost Cutting Measures undertaken by Engine Manufacturers as goodwill gesture for good of the sport.

2016-01-31
Due date for FiA/FOM to reveal a plan authored by sport governing bodies of their cost cutting measures. It has not been clarified whether said plan will be tabled as a proposal for discussion with teams, incorporating any or all of suggestions of Jan 15, or it will impose upon teams totally a different set of rules under mandate of governing bodies. The proposal might include new directions of PU technology in fortcoming years.

2016-03-20
Race 1, Australia
Sakae

Postby Mach on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:07 pm

:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:10 pm

The winter break gets shorter and shorter every year I am in F1.
En savoir plus sur http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/12/12/vett ... 1E4S8EF.99

Boys have to work for their money. I know however how it feels. Whilst I have done some dense globe-trekking on my own for my 20 years + and "vacation" (private time) regularly occurred only between 11:00 Saturday - 05:00 Monday 51 weeks/y. Otherwise it was all work, all the time, so I can understand how Seb feels.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:14 am

motorsport.com
Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff has voiced concerns over his Formula 1 team's capability to withstand a 21-race calendar in 2016

Will need more resources, and they aren't alone.

As predicted, it's going to be more expensive, not cheaper. Is FiA under direction from Whiting going to impose even more restrictiveness under disguise of "savings for smaller teams" thus inadvertently induces even more randomness into racing than we have already, and potentially in response forcing teams to find undercurrent of tunneled research in order to keep their place on the grid?

Formula 1 is pushing teams beyond breaking point by expanding the calendar to an unprecedented 21 races in 2016.
That is the warning of Toto Wolff, who said that although Mercedes once again dominated this year, the 19-race calendar pushed some team members to the brink.
“We have already seen that 19 races is pushing the physical and mental limits,” he is quoted by the German news agency SID in Stuttgart.
So Wolff said adding another two grands prix next year – the debut of the race in Azerbaijan, and Germany’s return to the calendar – is simply too much.

En savoir plus sur http://www.thisisf1.com/2015/12/14/21-r ... XE3R4pS.99

Interesting, but I thought German track has bi-annual contract in place. I wonder what the papers actually have written on them.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:42 am

One needs to be careful with any bets on what Mr. Ecclestone says, but he is quoted today that regarding race in Germany, i) there will be race in 2016 at Hockenheim, and ii) no race in 2017 since Nürburgring is out and not having contract.

He purportedly also said, that reason for Nürburgring fail is, someone refused to sell the property to him, otherwise he would give them a contract for next 100 years. Hmm...

Ecclestone is mystified by declining interest in F1 on German soil. In contrast, I am (not)mystified by declining interest in sports world wide.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:52 am

As predicted - GP247:
Ferrari has backed Mercedes in worrying about next year’s unprecedentedly-long Formula 1 world championship race calendar.

The FIA recently approved an increase in the maximum number of races per season from 20 to 21, as Germany returns and Azerbaijan joins the calendar.

But Mercedes chief Toto Wolff thinks the new schedule pushes teams beyond what is “feasible” in terms of the workload for staff with families.

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne, meanwhile, is worried about the financial aspect, “Bernie now has to come to the teams to ensure that all of them can come to the 21 races that he has put on the schedule.”

“The maximum number of grands prix has been increased, so Bernie knows what he has to do now,” Marchionne added. “He has to raise more money to ensure that all the teams are able to come to that many races.”
Sakae

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk