ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Renault F1

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Renault F1

Postby Sakae on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:14 pm

Update on Renault's development. According to Horner, Renault is still on a single cylinder test bed. Making some educated guessing regarding timeline, I would be therefore surprised to see them testing after season this year with this updated concept, but March 2016 could be more realistic date.

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/13179269/promising-renault-developments-long-way-fruition

2015 could be for all practical purposes written off by RBR.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Mach on Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:45 pm

Sakae wrote:2015 could be for all practical purposes written off by RBR.
....with new season testing in November just 4 months away. 2016 may also be a write off too.
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:59 am

Fantastic! The decision came little earlier than expected, but not soon enough vis a vis fresh start in 2017. (A subject of confirmation). Go Renault!
The reports say Renault is initially buying back 51 per cent of the team from Gerard Lopez’s Genii company, while quadruple world champion Alain Prost is set to play a key role.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/07/03/grosjean-return-of-renault-is-something-pretty-cool/
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:35 am

I am glad for Grosjean. He deserves a shot with a top team. Looks like he will finally get it. Wonder if they will keep Maldonado? I guess Vettel left Red Bull at the right time.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Mach on Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:12 am

Lawrence wrote:I am glad for Grosjean. He deserves a shot with a top team. Looks like he will finally get it. Wonder if they will keep Maldonado? I guess Vettel left Red Bull at the right time.
Well, I hope new Renault team will be quick right out of the box. I'm bored with Mercedes dominance.
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:01 pm

In a rumor mill, Renault (Ghoson) and Lotus (Lopez) will have a cappuccino or two in Hungary, while British CEO is kept in dark, for the moment. Not a big deal.

1. This might indicate that Renault internally decided to pursue full team ownership, which is actually a reason why they talk to anyone at all.
2. Renault might pre-condition a deal that Lopez shall remain liable for all unpaid expenses to-date, which could be a deal breaker.
3. They are obviously after Lotus as No. 1 choice. Other teams are then either expensive, not lucrative enough, or not for sale.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Mach wrote:
Lawrence wrote:I am glad for Grosjean. He deserves a shot with a top team. Looks like he will finally get it. Wonder if they will keep Maldonado? I guess Vettel left Red Bull at the right time.
Well, I hope new Renault team will be quick right out of the box. I'm bored with Mercedes dominance.

There is approximately 7 months to go before next moratorium on development. This environment is not condusive to fair play, so forget about end of one team dominance. What could help is for a grown man to stand up, and impose drastic measures, without even talking to Torger.

In my book what is required is a removal of 99% of restrictions for next 3 years, while on parallel track new face of the F1 shall be redefined, step by step by new faces, Ross could be one of those, for he is thoughtful, independent, and knows something about the old and new quite well.

That lack of speed and lack of noise are really phoney issues, and not priorities that will fix anything. Most people simply will not even notice; I dare to challenge anyone watching TV and complain about lack of noise in his living room, or complain that Seb went only 333 km/hr, yet he could have 339 km/hr.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:42 am

Sakae wrote:There is approximately 7 months to go before next moratorium on development. This environment is not condusive to fair play.......

What's stopping Renault from developing a power unit that's as powerful as Mercedes....and not sharing it with RBR?

I mean, how will they know?
Mach

Postby Sakae on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:21 pm

Mach wrote:
Sakae wrote:There is approximately 7 months to go before next moratorium on development. This environment is not condusive to fair play.......

What's stopping Renault from developing a power unit that's as powerful as Mercedes....and not sharing it with RBR?

I mean, how will they know?

RBR knows the score. Cheating would be not only unneccessary, scandalous, but also silly, because data are there for RBR to see.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:15 pm

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-expects-renault-decision-on-lotus-takeover-this-week

After reading this, what I would consider convoluted and twisted explanation why Renault is not guarantee any money based on past performance, Ghoson should take Renault out, and leave F1. That's what I would do.

It seems as it is not worth to deal with the commercial holder on those terms. Lotus will go bust, people unemployed, and who knows if there would be domino effect. RBR on the other hand, if they think it is bad now, they could get tremendous headache later on looking for an engine supplier. Renault leaving will leave a few parties slightly uncomfortable, but I am not sure Ecclestone actually cares.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:03 am

Hmmm, and now this: Renault v. FI? (article by thisisf1)

Sahara Force India team chief Vijay Mallya told Autosport that Renault asked for the meeting – their second of the season – and he met with Renault representative and consultant Alain Prost on Saturday night in Belgium.

“Yesterday was a conversation from their side to update me on the fact no decision has been taken, they haven’t made a proposal about the board of Renault,” Mallya said.

“Secondly, he wanted to know how I would feel about shareholding. Would we be willing to consider being a minority. If so, what would be our aspirations.

Sounds like Lotus deal is not sealed as yet as many outsiders claimed. Looks like Mr. RBR will have to sit this one out, and wait a bit longer.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Looks like Renault hasn't sorted out their financial model as yet for them to make a decision what they will do with the F1. They are still talking to more teams than just to Lotus.

Ed. Autosport claims having a source close to the matter, and it looks like RBR will mount another engine next year. TR is then in dire straights. I have however faith in Renault. They have great racing legacy, and I expect them to rise from ashes back to prominence, despite all adversity of regulatory system. Some articles claim that Renault has difficulty to receive similar monetary rewards for its historical contribution to the series, as others have.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:10 pm

This is interesting. Renault send confidention letter to a British court..? Why they would do that, unless there is an announcement to be made, which will resolve some financial issues?

Regarding Lotus:
The team was forced into the High Court on Monday as a result of failing to pay one month's PAYE (income tax and national insurance) to HMRC, only for the case to be adjourned until Friday, September 18.
The adjournment request was made in good faith by HMRC and on the back of the judge, Mr Justice Birss, receiving a confidential letter from a barrister acting on behalf of Renault.
The French manufacturer is on the brink of concluding a deal to acquire Lotus, with the final hurdle securing additional payments from F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone with regard to its status as a historic constructor.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:09 pm

Looks to me like Renault are trying to drive the price of Lotus down as low as possible....by whatever means possible :cowsleep:
Mach

Postby Sakae on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Mach wrote:Looks to me like Renault are trying to drive the price of Lotus down as low as possible....by whatever means possible :cowsleep:

It is not certain they will stay. In my understanding ball is with CVC (heritage money claim).
Sakae

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk