ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

McLaren Honda team in 2015

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: McLaren Honda team in 2015

Postby Lawrence on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 pm

I think you numbers are a little off. First, I don't believe Renault is 100 HP down. Second, the headline for the 30th of July was talking about 50 HP for Honda, vice 15.

If the differences were as large as some people were claiming, then there it is hard to imagine that Red Bull or Toro Rosso would be ahead of any of the four Mercedes powered teams.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:39 pm

I am not sure what the delta numbers are from Mercedes, as guessing seems to be all over the place. Number I heard last was up to 100 HP, Horner I think was mentioning 80 HP for Renault. Perceived success of RB cars is on tracks where PU's significance is negated (Monaco, Hungary, next is maybe Singapore). Yasuhisa Arai reportedly came up with the 15 HP gain estimate for their engine at Spa.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:45 pm

I think Horner is BS..ing....a lot. Something I have suspected him doing before. In November 2014 he was stating that Renault was 75 HP behind Mercedes. Now in March 2015 he is saying that Mercedes has gained 50 HP and Renault is now 100 HP behind. Mercedes, who got the engine configuration right to start with, gains 50 HP while Renault, which is able to partly change their configuration to be more efficient only gains 25 HP. Not buying it. Furthermore, his driver set the fastest lap this previous race and ran down and ever so briefly overtook the leading Mercedes. He did with a 100 HP deficit? Really? He is either a vastly better driver than Vettel, or someone is throwing out crap HP figures. If Mercedes gains 50 HP this last season, and Renault only gained 25 HP, then how much did Ferrari gain? Obviously gobs, because they have closed the gap to Mercedes and are faster than the other three Mercedes teams. Why is Ferrari with the token system able to get 75 - 100 HP between the season and Renault, which has the most room to improve, only gain 25 HP?

The figures being thrown out by Horner appear to be crap.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:52 am

Jenson Button and his wife were most likely gassed and then robbed whilst on holiday in the south of France. Money and items of jewellery were taken including Jessica's engagement ring. That's a really horrible thing to have had happen to them. From what I've read they both seem to be okay but are obviously shaken and upset about the whole thing.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33814823
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:03 pm

My criticisms were a boost for Honda – Alonso

Really, Alonso? Not kidding anyone? It's pitty it didn't work on Ferrari in 2014, because the team could have been little further today.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Mafia on Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:45 am

Sakae wrote:
My criticisms were a boost for Honda – Alonso

Really, Alonso? Not kidding anyone? It's pitty it didn't work on Ferrari in 2014, because the team could have been little further today.

Aaai ai ai ai ai, Why do you reference 2014 Ferrari while talking about fernando? How.. tell me how....

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk