ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Engine War 2015

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Engine War 2015

Postby Lawrence on Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:44 pm

Well, in both case, I think it is a holding option. I am not convinced that the 2016 Renault engine, as developed by Ilmor (and a watchmaker?) is going to suddenly make Red Bull competitive. Toro Rosso will run with the 2015 Ferrari while Haas is the favored Ferrari team. The problem is that I don't think Red Bull or Toro Rosso have another option for 2017, so I fear they will not be on the pace for 2016 or 2017.

Unless Honda miraculously turns around, it will only be a Mercedes vs Ferrari battle for 2016....if Ferrari has caught up. They were not quite there yet at the end of 2015....and Mercedes knows how to develop engines and cars also. My money would still be on Mercedes for 2016. The real disappointment is Williams. They have had a good engine for two season running, a solid budget (although less than half of the big boys), and they can't seem to really make the next step up. In fact, they were kind of lagging the second half of this season.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk