ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

The Ferrari Re-build

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: The Ferrari Re-build

Postby Sakae on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:39 pm

If you are thinking Ferrari with Mercedes PU, than forget it. They would rather leave F1, than do that.
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:19 am

Another veteran Italian journalist is quoted by the Spanish newspaper AS: “With this Ferrari, Fernando would be fighting for the title, just as he did in 2012.”

It looks like not everyone is as impressed with Sebastian, as I am, and despite any evidence to the contrary, there is always someone "better" (in today F1) than this German guy.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Sakae wrote:It looks like not everyone is as impressed with Sebastian, as I am....

Yep. There are clearly three top drivers in F1 (plus several promising new comers) and not a strong basis for picking one over the other.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Lawrence wrote:
Sakae wrote:It looks like not everyone is as impressed with Sebastian, as I am....

Yep. There are clearly three top drivers in F1 (plus several promising new comers) and not a strong basis for picking one over the other.

Yep, maybe you should go and talk to the "unnamed veteran Italian journalist" then, who allegedly thinks that Alonso would be leading the championship with SF15-T. Not too much respect for Vettel's accomplishment in that.
Sakae

Postby Mafia on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:20 pm

I must say, respect for Vettel. All of a sudden I am remembering 1996.

If ferrari really wanna make their dream come true, then they should ditch their conventional way of number 1 and 2 drivers.... instead they need another vettel, or someone who can challenge him, in another car.... errrrr I cant think of any one other then Daniel.

One of my drunk friend calculated that Ferrari has lost 97 ponints (in constructor championship) just for having someone like Kimi..... I am not ready to believe that but then again i look at daniel and can understand the 97 points deficit.
Tough Luck!
Mafia

Postby Sakae on Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:17 am

This year Kimi committed one or two technical errors, so we are told, thus we should believe it. It is also my believe that he is just as fast, if not faster than DR when car is properly prepared (he is sensitive to setup); moreover, when his car has technical difficulties, then car will be parked, regardless who drives it, but he can hold his own for 2016. DR has not shown this year anything impressive, beaten by his teammmate several times. People drooling over that prospect, him being at Ferrari (and hammering Vettel), but I wonder how much of it is based on facts, and how much on wishful thinking.
Yesterday downforce and traction came to play, and RBR car I think has been better suited to the track. Ferrari was not as good as RB vehicle to have in that race. It is then testimony to Vettel's skills that he managed to stay ahead of RB. I know someone too, who, observing Saturday's proceedings, thought it was a race for RB to lose, and Vettel dealt defeat to them just as much, as he has to Mercedes. Kudos to him. My (not drunk enough) friend thought that how RB and Kimi drove a race was actually normal, and initially expected.
Sakae

Postby Sakae on Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:35 pm

The team and then, there are friends!!

https://streamable.com/yh6j

No pictures with me, until you put Kimi's name on the board first.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:48 pm

Seb maturing very well no doubt with Ferrari. I don't think Kimi was aware of Sebs observation because he would have requested adding Kimi's name in Italian....

100% class act on Sebs part :tophat:

Brovo :clap:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Lyria on Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:22 pm

It's no more than I'd expect from my favourite driver :yay: :yay:

See, they say he's a spoilt brat and only out for himself, to me this sort of thing proves otherwise!! :clap: :clap:
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Seb obviously is not Miss Manners every time, nor he pretends to be one, but on balance he represents someone I can associate with, and adding his driving skills, that's how he has become my favorite driver too (many, many years ago, with BMW). Modest, supreme, well adjusted individual.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:11 pm

Kimi is my favorite :eerie:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:53 am

Mach wrote:Kimi is my favorite :eerie:

Diversity makes life less boring. 8)
Sakae

Postby Mach on Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:09 pm

Sakae wrote:

Diversity makes life less boring. 8)
:beer:
Mach

Postby Lyria on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:13 pm

We're all entitled to our own opinions. If we all liked exactly the same thing we'd have nothing left to talk about ;)
Lyria

Postby Sakae on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:38 am

Sebastian:
“In Mexico we had our worst race in terms of the result, but we also saw that our pace is encouraging. Do not forget that eight or nine months ago we were 1.3 or 1.4 seconds from the best, and now it is half a second or less,” said the German.

Well, Seb must know, but for some unexplained reason I remain doubtful, since we do not know whether Mercedes has shown us their full hand. There is that cruising attitude once in the front with safe gap behind, thus hard to tell for outsiders where they really are.

Seb speeding 366 [km/hr] on a road course (Mexico) is nothing to sneeze at, but we must take into consideration cumulative profile of all races, and how they compare. My take is, that big gap still exists, and unless 2016 vehicle will be a winner right off the computer, then whole season will be lost again. Only drivers will be able to speak on that subject responsibly.
Sakae

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk