ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

Red Bull Crisis?

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: Red Bull Crisis?

Postby Sakae on Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:45 pm

pob wrote:According to thejudge13, Red Bull will be running their own PU next year starting from the Renault as a base. I don't think the article is right to say that the latest Renault upgrade has Illien's ideas in it, as I think Renault went their own way in the end, but everything else seems to fit what's been going on. It may also explain Red Bull's reluctance to run their Renault upgrade, as otherwise they may be able to use those tokens for their own development program. I also think the brinkmanship, rather than being down to an argument about the IP rights, is actually to make sure the FIA and other teams agree to there effectively being two development programs of the Renault PU.

I read the same. Ilmore was reported to experiment with one cylinder block, however results, as commented on by Renault, were neutral, even if not lower than what Renault had, thus they continued their own way. Perhaps what we might have here is a change initiated by RBR who have Ilien on contract, modifying base units for RB. (Of course I am speculating, but it seems plausible, that RB needs an engine expert on board. We do not know extend of Renault's input and support of RB in 2016).
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Mach on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:26 pm

When is the current Renault engine no longer governed by current F1-FIA rules for RBR to still be the same engine recipient?
:evil:
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:55 pm

Unless I missed a big one, my impression is, that we are still awaiting official confirmation that (i) RBR shall continue, (ii) under what conditions vis-a-vis being a client, and (iii) clarification from FiA how they shall regulate RBR racing business in next little while.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:29 am

Actually, I think we are just waiting for 1) the confirmation that Red Bull had no choice but to continue with Renault, although they have the job of further developing their version, while 2) Renault takes over the Lotus team. Now, does this mean that we will end of up two different specifications of Renaults? I think it does. So F1 will effectively have five different engines.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Mach on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 am

2 different Renaults specifications sounds weird :eek:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:36 am

Lawrence wrote:Actually, I think we are just waiting for 1) the confirmation that Red Bull had no choice but to continue with Renault, although they have the job of further developing their version, while 2) Renault takes over the Lotus team. Now, does this mean that we will end of up two different specifications of Renaults? I think it does. So F1 will effectively have five different engines.

In this scenario you have - methinks - only one group of engines, all regulated by the same silly rules. What differentiates them are approaches by client ownership to limited development under token system, and race setup. In RBR group, I do suspect, they might run their own development which could be parallel, and independent of Renault, but I am not sure of that as yet, which is why we need confirmation.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:59 am

I gather the engines will be the same (for a while?) but the rest of the power unit components will be developed differently by Renault and Red Bull..... if this goes through as rumored. But at this point, I think this is the only surviving rumor.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Lyria on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:45 am

So Red Bull have confirmed they will be in F1 in 2016 and beyond. They won't confirm they'll be using the Renault engine under another name, but they will ;)
Lyria

Postby Lawrence on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Crisis over. Nothing changed.
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:19 pm

motorsport.com is reporting that guys who stole RBR trophies will now meditate for 2 - 7 years in a cage (most likely repeated offenders).
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm

That is actually kind of light for the nature of the crime.
Lawrence

Postby Mach on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:33 am

Lawrence wrote:Crisis over. Nothing changed.

New untested engine will continue crisis me thinks :propeller:
Mach

Postby Sakae on Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Rumor has it, that RBR will drive next season with Nissan engine-badge, which could potentially lead to all out civil war in Japan, if Honda won't recover rather quickly. I like both of them, so I am sitting on the fence on this one. (Arai is promissing to have all fixed on a new engine and be ready for the first race).
Sakae

Postby Mach on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 pm

Nissan power unit? Interesting :armchair:

Is the Nissan turbocharger the same configuration of a Mercedes splitting the turbocharger with turbine at the back of the engine and the compressor at the front? Or is the Nissan's turbocharger the traditional specification both Ferrari and Renault currently use? :armchair:
Mach

Postby Sakae on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:23 am

Ghosn is expected to explain this week what he has cooked up; I am assuming everyone knows that Nissan (Infinity) and Renault are in joined venture after Renault saved Nissan from bankrupcy in 1999. Curiously, Dr. Marko continues talking to (German) press, about promise by Todt and Ecclestone, that re-branded Renault is for 2016 only, and then they do expect in 2017 V8, and independence from (automobile) manufacturers.

I wonder if RBR is painting themselves again into a corner, because I do not see in my crystal ball V8 in F1 in the near future, so what will RBR do, if there is no V8 for them?
Sakae

PreviousNext

Return to Formula One Talk