ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

FiA & F1

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

Re: FiA & F1

Postby Sakae on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:34 am

Lawrence wrote:
Sakae wrote:Are you suggesting that CVC instead taking out some 47% or whatever the figure is, suddenly they will take only 1.5% which is about size of the return on your savings what bank gives you these days? Well, it's one way to address cash shortage back-markers are complaining about.

Well, I doubt they would do anything that drastic, they are profit making company, their goal is to squeeze the consumer for every dime possible. I gather they are talking about moving some of the money from the bigger teams to the smaller teams, but may have to chip in some themselves to make it work. We shall see.

Clearly something needs to be done,because fields of 12 cars won't be good for business. Just a shame F1 can't solve their problems until they blow up on the world stage. At some point CVC has got to get tired of this business lurching from crisis to crisis.

So, CVC is a massive profits making company for all hard work they do, while Mercedes and alike are not, and should therefore spend and possibly loose money over and above their internal and voluntary budget? Is that's your position?
Whatever you do, don’t just do it. Push it forward! [Whitelines]
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:46 am

Sakae wrote:So, CVC is a massive profits making company for all hard work they do, while Mercedes and alike are not, and should therefore spend and possibly loose money over and above their internal and voluntary budget? Is that's your position?

I don't see how you get that from what I wrote.

F1 distributes part of the purse to each team. It is a sliding scale based upon results from last season plus bonus income from teams that have a "history" (read Ferrari). Therefore, at the end of each season, the most successful teams (which are invaribly the richest...see my other posts on this subject) then get the most money, while the less successful teams get less money. The amount they spend is usually closely related to their results. So not only do we have a hierarchy of results from the richest to the poorest, but them the purse for F1 reinforces the rich teams and provides but a pittance for the poorer teams. Suddenly we wake up and find all the poorer teams are failing. Probably time for some corrective surgery.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:17 am

Lawrence wrote:
Sakae wrote:So, CVC is a massive profits making company for all hard work they do, while Mercedes and alike are not, and should therefore spend and possibly loose money over and above their internal and voluntary budget? Is that's your position?

I don't see how you get that from what I wrote.

F1 distributes part of the purse to each team. It is a sliding scale based upon results from last season plus bonus income from teams that have a "history" (read Ferrari). Therefore, at the end of each season, the most successful teams (which are invaribly the richest...see my other posts on this subject) then get the most money, while the less successful teams get less money. The amount they spend is usually closely related to their results. So not only do we have a hierarchy of results from the richest to the poorest, but them the purse for F1 reinforces the rich teams and provides but a pittance for the poorer teams. Suddenly we wake up and find all the poorer teams are failing. Probably time for some corrective surgery.

Unless there is a breach of CA, then teams knew what they were signing for. Those who were not happy with content and concept, shouldn't be on the grid in the first place, or now learn to live within their means. Hopefully all smaller teams knew well that they will need budget of 120+ Mill annually just to get through the season in today's F1, and forget all about parity. Not here, and not now, if ever.
Sakae

Postby Lawrence on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Sakae wrote:Unless there is a breach of CA, then teams knew what they were signing for. Those who were not happy with content and concept, shouldn't be on the grid in the first place, or now learn to live within their means. Hopefully all smaller teams knew well that they will need budget of 120+ Mill annually just to get through the season in today's F1, and forget all about parity. Not here, and not now, if ever.

The budget cap discussions go back several years and were part of the discussion when these four new teams came into being in 2010. They were the law of the land until earlier this year when they were overturned by a meeting of the five richest teams. And no.....I don't think anyone had the expectation back in 2010 that it would take $120 million a year just to trundle around in the back of the field and get no points. The goal post was moving away from them the entire time.

In the end, people like Fernandes and Vijay Malay, etc. are pretty serious people with significant funding. It appear they have created a sporting series that only five teams in the world can compete in. Something is not right here.
"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
Lawrence

Postby Sakae on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:16 am

Lawrence wrote:
Sakae wrote:Unless there is a breach of CA, then teams knew what they were signing for. Those who were not happy with content and concept, shouldn't be on the grid in the first place, or now learn to live within their means. Hopefully all smaller teams knew well that they will need budget of 120+ Mill annually just to get through the season in today's F1, and forget all about parity. Not here, and not now, if ever.

The budget cap discussions go back several years and were part of the discussion when these four new teams came into being in 2010. They were the law of the land until earlier this year when they were overturned by a meeting of the five richest teams. And no.....I don't think anyone had the expectation back in 2010 that it would take $120 million a year just to trundle around in the back of the field and get no points. The goal post was moving away from them the entire time.

In the end, people like Fernandes and Vijay Malay, etc. are pretty serious people with significant funding. It appear they have created a sporting series that only five teams in the world can compete in. Something is not right here.
Serious or not, it appears business acumen let both gentlemen down. They misread business situation, hoping for salvation and good heart on part of CVC, and now they are paying price for it. Happens all the time.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:23 pm

I'm not sure where to post this question.

Where do teams fuel up their cars?
I don't see the fuel rigs near the customary pit box location....and the pit garages look too small to be safe from fumes or a possible fire/explosion.

I'm just bored right now.
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Postby Sakae on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:09 pm

Article 29 of Sporting Regulations states that car refueling is restricted to team's garage (paddock) area. Much is said in regulations about restrictions, however regarding method of refueling if I would have to take a guess, than teams are using probably a metering pump. In simplest terms you can also weigh an empty container, tarred to zero, then fill it up with fuel to certain manageable weight or volume, and transferred into a car. In total it should add to 100 liters. Since relative time it takes is not a factor, process should not be a big deal. I also gather that a car bladder has to be drained first of all fuel from preceding trials to ensure adherence to race regulations. I am not exactly sure how FiA is monitoring fuel amounts prior race.
Sakae

Postby Mach on Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:34 am

Interesting .... thx
:clint:
"We exercised our veto in compliance with our legitimate commercial right to do business as a powertrain manufacturer" Maurizio Arrivabene
Mach

Previous

Return to Formula One Talk