ad
Countdown to 2016 Australian Grandprix:
2016 Formula1 World Championship Calendar

Australia | Bahrain | China | Russia | Spain | Monaco | Canada | Baku | Austria | Great Britain | Hungary | Germany | Belgium | Italy | Singapore | Malaysia | Japan | USA | Mexico | Brazil | Abu Dhabi

F1 driver adverts

Talk about the Teams & Drivers

Moderators: Lyria, Mafia, Lawrence, Administrator

F1 driver adverts

Postby SophieB on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:59 am

I'm not sure if this one has any legs but I've made it because I suspect I'm not alone in getting a tiny bit of excitement or amusement at seeing adverts starring F1 drivers as I go about my business. So I've made this thread to collect sightings. Also, it can be a space to just dredge up all the usual embarrassingly awkward print or video campaigns Our Heroes have starred in and made a bit of a dog's breakfast of the job for the forgivable reason that they're athletes rather than actors or models.

So, as mentioned in the Kimi thread, here is Raikkonen on a tram in Melbourne, promoting, I dunno the great smell of Kimi or something I guess.

And, everywhere in Australia, Jenson Button, the latest in the long-running McLaren campaign for Tag Heuer. There was a truly enormous billboard of him outside Sydney airport but I couldn't be arsed to dig my camera out after such a long flight or indeed tell the taxi driver to pull over just so I could get a snap of a massive poster of a driver I find very unappealing anyway. In fact, full disclosure, I have taken against him so much that I quietly (and very childishly) muttered the word "booooo" to my friend each and every time I passed one of his many many posters in Melbourne's international airport going home. Still, as I know I can come off a bit like Kevin McCarthy at the end of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers on this one as he flails about, banging on cars, desperately yelling THE TRUTH, I just took some pictures of the central display in the Melbourne airport so that those who do like him may get some small pleasure from seeing their man.

"...and for once I'm inclined to believe that Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell, making an enemy of our own future."
SophieB

Return to Formula One Talk